: XM-Serius

ickday1
12-17-10, 10:44 AM
My trial subscription to XM radio expired. I recall in previous
posts, some fabulous deals were made on the yearly subscriptions.
Can someone please update this information, so I can avail
myself of these lower rates. No way will I pay the going rate
of $180.00/year!

larryk
12-17-10, 12:53 PM
The deals are the same, just ask for it, they will give it to you...

smiley47
12-17-10, 12:59 PM
Lots of relevant XM discount subscription posts have been made in the past 6-9 months. Just search for "XM renewal".

carbdude
12-17-10, 01:30 PM
Don't do anything but wait....

XM will send you a 12 month subscription offer for $77 year!

I just renewed my wife's @ $77 for 12 months and demanded No Automatic Renewal'... so I'm sending them a check...

Don't ever give XM your credit card number, because they will renew your expired subscription at the then current yearly rates without notifying you, and you'll play hell in getting a refund back from them.

Dude

sube5186
12-17-10, 01:34 PM

XM will send you a 12 month subscription offer for $77 year!

Not always true. They never sent me anything. I had to call them literally a day before my trial subscription expired. After refusing to give me the discounted rate, I had to call back and speak to a different person. They immediately gave it to me with no haggling.

Sube

larryk
12-17-10, 03:06 PM
Don't worry about giving them your credit card info, just tell them that you don't want it kept on file. This has worked for me for a few years...

carbdude
12-17-10, 06:22 PM
Not always true. They never sent me anything. I had to call them literally a day before my trial subscription expired. After refusing to give me the discounted rate, I had to call back and speak to a different person. They immediately gave it to me with no haggling.

Sube

I Guess I'm The Lucky One Then...

because I have received this same discounted offer on my '06 gmc as well as this latest srx.

BTW - right now too, there is a 5 months for $20 offer available.... Call 'em for yourself and see what you can come up with!

doctormstein1
12-17-10, 07:26 PM
As I recall I payed $77 plus some taxes totaling $88. I also wanted the live traffic so it added up to somewheres around $144. THis included everything that had with the trial. They said that this was some type of special . You have to pay it all up front.

Willo
12-18-10, 05:04 PM
I have heard of the $20 for "x" months offer. Ask when you call. Getting a discount on the traffic/weather portion of XM is harder, but you can ask to have it billed seperately from the normal program, service. My experience in calling XM has not been good with their offshore operators...for the most part, they are rude and insensitive. DEMAND they transfer you to a stateside or Canadian (probably staffed with people that have the same jovial and respectful attidue as The Captain!) call center...then you will be dealing with a better class of operator.

TheCaptain
12-20-10, 06:27 AM
... DEMAND they transfer you to a stateside or Canadian (probably staffed with people that have the same jovial and respectful attidue as The Captain!) call center...then you will be dealing with a better class of operator.

Thanks Willo! :cloud9:
The same back at ya!

Ponyman
12-20-10, 11:16 AM
Renewed my 09 HHR and 07 Avalanche this morning. SRX isn't due till June. Called and asked for the 77 dollar rate. Rep would not give it to me, so I asked to be transfered to the cancellation department. Cancellation dept wanted to know my reason for cancelling the two radios. I told her they wouldn't give me the promo rate, and she said no problem. She even gave me an extra 10 dollar credit on the first radio, and a 5 dollar credit on the second radio for my trouble. Paid by credit card, and she said it was a one time payment and she wouldn't put my number on file. Total bill with royal fees came to about 150 dollars. Was a pleasant experience after I got transfered to the woman in the cancellation dept. Now why can't they just go ahead and do that up front. Guess they get a lot of people to pay the full rate. I love XM radio, but I wouldn't pay full prices for three vehicles.

ickday1
12-20-10, 05:52 PM
Quote Originally Posted by carbdude View Post

"XM will send you a 12 month subscription offer for $77 year!"
Read more at http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/217696-xm-serius.html?ktrack=kcpli

Ye Gads, it's true! My 2011 SRX was delivered in August, and the 3 month trial ended last month.
Today, I received a letter from the "Chief Service Officer, Sirius XM Radio", wherein I was offered
12 months of XM for only $77, plus the $15 reactivation fee was waived. I e-mailed them, accepting
the offer, and requested a statement, which I will pay by check.

I wish to thank all you "members" who contributed to my inquiry in this regard. To all, a very Merry Christmas,
Happy Holidays, and all that political correct stuff! And, Happy Groundhog Day, if applicable!

stevec5375
12-20-10, 07:05 PM
Quote Originally Posted by carbdude View Post

"XM will send you a 12 month subscription offer for $77 year!"
Read more at http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/217696-xm-serius.html?ktrack=kcpli

Ye Gads, it's true! My 2011 SRX was delivered in August, and the 3 month trial ended last month.
Today, I received a letter from the "Chief Service Officer, Sirius XM Radio", wherein I was offered
12 months of XM for only $77, plus the $15 reactivation fee was waived. I e-mailed them, accepting
the offer, and requested a statement, which I will pay by check.

I wish to thank all you "members" who contributed to my inquiry in this regard. To all, a very Merry Christmas,
Happy Holidays, and all that political correct stuff! And, Happy Groundhog Day, if applicable!

You mean that XM has finally figured out that people talk? I'll bet they get some pretty irate phone calls from people who pay full price when they find out someone else paid a lot less for the same thing. Not a good business model if you ask me. It causes ill will and lost sales.

If you're wondering why your bluetooth enabled phone can't stream music to the audio system and be connected as a phone simultaneously, well, now you know. They want you to pay for satellite radio instead of easily streaming it from your phone. They're going to lose this battle because my next car is going to support this capability (like my 3rd party audio system in my last car did).