: 4.9 no crank

Power Juicer
12-17-10, 08:50 AM
I went out to my car this morning, put the key in the ignition, let it cycle and preceeded to turn the engine over. When I did I just got a click inside the dash. There was no clicking at starter solenoid, battery voltage was fine w/ brand new battery and alternator. I even tried a different key to make sure the chip did not go out in the key. So all I get when I turn the key is a clicking noise around the glove compartment. I even unpluged the battery to see if the computer would reset itself. So what does this sound like to you guys.

Thanks,
PJ

cctgene
12-17-10, 10:13 AM
For what it's worth.

Check fuse a13 (10 amp) located in the trunk compartment fuse block. This is the fuse that protects the starter enable relay. Don't know if this is related to your problem, but its where I would start in the trouble shooting process.

cadillac_al
12-17-10, 10:37 AM
I get clicking behind the glovebox when my battery is weak. How long has it been sitting? My 92 will drain the battery if it sits for over a week. I never bothered tracing it down and just try to drive it weekly; my Buick Park Ave does the same thing. Even a new battery can get discharged so I wouldn't rule it out unless I could see the load test results.

Power Juicer
12-17-10, 10:48 AM
the battery is good with 12.6 volts

Power Juicer
12-17-10, 10:50 AM
For what it's worth.

Check fuse a13 (10 amp) located in the trunk compartment fuse block. This is the fuse that protects the starter enable relay. Don't know if this is related to your problem, but its where I would start in the trouble shooting process.

what is the location for the fuses in the truck

cctgene
12-17-10, 11:06 AM
Open your trunk and look to your left, its right under and in front of the trunk hinge. Don't know about a Deville, but that's where its located on my Seville.

Power Juicer
12-17-10, 11:16 AM
Open your trunk and look to your left, its right under and in front of the trunk hinge. Don't know about a Deville, but that's where its located on my Seville.

If its not that what else can it be?

cctgene
12-17-10, 12:16 PM
Well, that's hard to say with out knowing a whole lot more about your problem. It could be something as simple as loose or corroded battery terminals, or (to name a few other causes), bad battery cables, bad ignition switch, bad transaxle position switch, bad starter enable relay, bad starter solenoid etc.. Just out of curiosity, was the alternator and battery replacement an attempt to fix a problem, if so what was it?

still_walkin
12-20-10, 06:49 PM
the fuse box is under the steering wheel by the parking brake