: Vibrations at 2000 - 2500 rpms

SRTTOCTSV
12-17-10, 12:45 AM
I know that others have had the same issue just looking for answers/fixes.

My car which is stock has a vibrations around 2-2.5 rpms.
You can feel this with the clutch pushed in and just by reving it to the 2.5 rpms and back down to 2rpms. People say that its the crappy stock flywheel and clutch set up. Has anyone else had this issue and if so what was the fix?

Thanks

Escondido's V
12-17-10, 01:37 AM
I have had that issue went with Spec Clutch And Lightweight Flywheel with me it turned out to be my driveshaft load bearing was going out a common problem another thing to check is your harmonic balancer another common issue with our cars.

D3l7a3ch0
12-17-10, 02:16 AM
is it accompanied by a noise?

tracking it down might be a two person job with one person listening with one of those listening-stick things. or a metal rod lol.

step one is polyurethane bushings to really light a fire under yourself to fix it lol

Escondido do you mean the driveshaft bushing (i saw it the other day with the V on a lift, I thought hey that's cool!)

but it can't be the issue because it's isolated to the engine without the clutch engaged (and the car not moving)

SRTTOCTSV
12-19-10, 03:41 AM
Yes there is a noise with it and it sounds kinda dull. The virbation is really felt when driving so it's not just when you sit still.

darkman
12-19-10, 10:58 AM
I know that others have had the same issue just looking for answers/fixes.

My car which is stock has a vibrations around 2-2.5 rpms.
You can feel this with the clutch pushed in and just by reving it to the 2.5 rpms and back down to 2rpms. People say that its the crappy stock flywheel and clutch set up. Has anyone else had this issue and if so what was the fix?

Thanks

Yes, the dual-mass flywheel is one of several possible sources of your viibration - particularly if you have a lot of miles on it. It could also be motor mounts, harmonic balancer (including missing weights), or any rotating accessory (see attached).

Fasciaguy
12-19-10, 08:23 PM
My car the same issue my vibration seemed to be a little lower like 1800 to 2400 rpm but kept getting worse. I replaced the MMs first and the drivers side was tore up so I had high hopes that I fixed the issue. However that just made it worse. It turned out to be the dual mass Flywheel. So after changing to the LS7 clutch and FW the vibration is gone. So the car needed both MMs and FW but I would guess your problem is the FW.

SRTTOCTSV
12-21-10, 01:24 PM
Well the v went into the dealer ship today. This time I made sure the tech road with me. He noticed something but couldn't pin point if it was the trans/drive train or engine so he had another tech ride with him. 2hrs later they think the motor mounts. Guess we will see in time if that's the fix.

JD03Cobra
12-21-10, 02:43 PM
Probably not your same issue but I was getting vibration between 2000-2500rpm in all gears. When I pushed the clutch in i didn't notice much...only on throttle or light driving I could feel it. Turns out it was my rear tires. I just put my snow tires on a few weeks back and it was gone immediately.

SRTTOCTSV
12-21-10, 03:45 PM
Brand new all season tires toad forced just 3K miles

Paisan
02-21-11, 10:32 PM
I spent a year+ tracing down a vibration on my V between 2000-2500rpms. Just finally solved it this past weekend.

We started with bad front stock motor mounts. Replaced them with the UUC Motor and Trans mounts. Didn't help.
Did the crank pulley. Helped a little but not much.
Changed out the flywheel and clutch for the LS7 setup. Helped tremendously, but still not perfect.
Changed to new OEM motor mounts with heat wrap so they don't melt (Had the UUC ones starting to melt due to the heat from the cats despite the OEM heat shields in place). This helped but still not perfect.
Replaced the UUC Trans mount with new stock one. Finally this made it PERFECT. The UUC one was actually crushed down, apparently it is too thick which makes sense as it was crushed down.

Hope this helps someone doing a search, feel free to PM/E-mail me as we spent a lot of time diagnosing this issue.

-mike