: Pimp My Ride or Overhaulin???

Rolex
09-22-04, 08:02 PM
For those of you who have watched these shows which would you rather have pulled on you? Would you prefer to have your ride pimped by West Coast Customs, or to have your ride overhauled by Chip Foose's band of experts?

Personally I prefer Chip Foose's one of a kind designs. I think they're timeless and tasteful. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't cry if WCC got their hands on my Lade. I guess it's a matter of taste. Either way you be sure to turn heads.

Ralph
09-22-04, 08:13 PM
WCC! I haven't seen Chip's work, what channel is he on? I was impressed with what they did to that young girls 1978 Brougham. They made it a really unique light pink pearl (one of a kind) along with Rolls Royce grille, and a new type of rims that no one else had yet, and new chrome all around. The one of a kind see through CD player was especially neat. The "waterfall" idea was corny in the back seat though. :helpless:

they did a good job for that show and probably rushed it. I wonder how long it would normally take to do all that.

Adam
09-22-04, 08:16 PM
duuuuuhhhhhh. Pimp my Ride. Overhaulin is just a wannabe and to me it just isnt that good.

K2K
09-22-04, 08:57 PM
It depends.

If I wanted some performance upgrades out of my surprise upgrade, I'd go for overhaulin', since on Pimp my Ride they go purely for pimpin' and looks, and sometimes (like with the Honda or Scion) it ends a bit ricey. But for looking awesome and pimp, definitely go with X to the Z Xzibit.

Stoneage_Caddy
09-22-04, 09:12 PM
Overhaulin all the way ...they take care of the drivetrain too , pimp my ride doesnt give a rats arse if the damn thing runs right , its all looks over there ..overhualin does higher quilty work and does a complete job

ShadowLvr400
09-22-04, 09:18 PM
I'll take Overhaulin, any day. They do everything to the cars, and with a lot more taste than Pimp my Ride. I've seen ideas that start well on Pimp, and get skull f***ed into the ground, followed by a vicious curbing. The one thing about Overhaulin, is the way they steal people's cars and pull pranks and so forth. I can control my temper, but mess with my car, and there will be bloodshed. My self control does have its limits.

Night Wolf
09-22-04, 09:24 PM
yeah, I saw the '78.... I also wondered about why they didn't do anything for performance... with the '81 Trans Am, they siad they put over $30k into it, and did nothing for performance? yet he made many remarks about the fact it is a Trans Am, Detroit muscle, and a powerful car, and even did a stupid burnout (didn't rev it up enough).... oh, and it is called a SCREAMIN' CHICKEN not a Phenoix... that got to me :)

at first I thought it was not a cool idea, but they do take cars that would normally be beat and they really made it nice... another good one was the 18yr old (?) girl, her 70's Toyota Land Crusier... the thing had no doors and stuff, and after the story with her ex-bf, I felt really bad, so I am glad that she got the work done to her truck....

...but perhaps the most stupid thing.. not with the WCC, but with the atitudes of people on the show.... the kid that got his '72 (or '74?) Chevy pickup truck done over.... first, his parents GAVE him the truck... ok, just be happy, your parents gave you a first car, be thankful for that.. but he was like, yeah, I didn't like to drvie it anywhere, the camper thing was stupid (so take it off Einestein) and blah blah... then when they did the work on it, he was like, OMG, this changed my life forever, I am a new person, I am going to go places in life, have more friends blah blah.... and i am thinking.... just becuase your truck looks differnt, your life changed forever? that is a pretty sucky life then.... oh yeah, then when his sister was like, yeah, I never even rode with him to school, I was embarressed... but now, I am going to ride with him everywhere.... ok, if that was me (well, I woudln't have the stupid change my life attitude) I would tell my sister, ha, yeah right, if you didn't want to ride in the truck before, then you are not riding in it now.... gosh people can be real stupid with materialistic things like that.... all about the attitude though....

/rant

I never seen Overhaulin'... I heard they go and find old muscle cars that are sitting outside rotting, and restore then, then hot rod them out etc... I think that woudl intrest me more then how big the rims are or how many watts the stereo has...

Night Wolf
09-22-04, 09:26 PM
Although I must say, I do enjoy watching Pimp my Ride... actually I like watching anything car related :)

HotRodSaint
09-22-04, 09:32 PM
If my car was a beater on it's last leg, Pimp my Ride.

But my car is not a beater, so Foose can do what he wants to it! :D

Ralph
09-22-04, 09:33 PM
yeah, I saw the '78.... I also wondered about why they didn't do anything for performance... with the '81 Trans Am, they siad they put over $30k into it, and did nothing for performance?

I noticed that they didn't touch or show the engines, so I just assumed they did the car quickly for image only because it was on tv. If I had a nice older Brougham to pimp, for the engine, I would probably just go to an engine speciality shop, or a garage I trusted. My engine would be minty anyway. :D

Did you see the mid-'80's Cutlas they did in green?

Night Wolf
09-22-04, 09:43 PM
I didn't see the Cutlass....

when they were doing the prep work, they did a quick pan over the engine of the '78... it looked like mine, surface rust from salt water.... I bet they didn't even clean it up....

..it is funny that all the cars they have on there run good, don't burn oil, have tranny problems etc... and don't have excessive amount of rust or rot...

I don't think the Rolls grille looks good on the '78... and I noticed when it was done, they took all the side moulding off and filled in the holes.... I am undecided if I like that look or not....

I would have thought that with the '78.... in the rapper world, the ultimate pimp car they would have done hydros or something... yeah, that waterfall thing was stupid, adn the 3rd brake light... why would you want one if the car didn't have it... but those hearts would get old quick....

That was a nice color though... wasn't real pink either... looked good.

I really, really liked that blue they did that '74 Chevy truck in... ahh, I forgot what it was called... electric blue or something? it was nice...

Another thing witht he Chevy... they put hood scoops on it, big fat rear tires, and had the back up, with smaller tires in the front, adn the nose lowered to give it a muscle truck stance/look.... yet it had a stock engine....eh....

ben72227
09-22-04, 09:55 PM
yeah, Pimp My Ride is much more interesting than Overhaulin. But Overehaulin is ok, its just missing X to tha Z Xzibit :p I think that pimp my ride is pretty cool for the most part, but some things they do are just plain STUPID! Like putting that waterfall in the '78 caddy and then i remember they put in an expresso maker in another car, a shoe rack in another car. :cookoo: If they wanted to pimp my ride, id let them as long as they didn't add anything stupid like that.

But I think the PMR cast (WCC) is more fun to watch than the Overhaulin crew. But i guess its whatever floats your boat...

Rolex
09-22-04, 09:56 PM
WCC! I haven't seen Chip's work, what channel is he on? I wonder how long it would normally take to do all that.

Overhaulin comes on TLC (learning channel), I believe on Tuesdays. They don't restore cars, they completely (frame off) rebulid and modernize the vehicle. They make classic cars better then you ever thought they could be, inside and out. They took like a 56 Chevy 4 door coupe and turned it into a two door convertible with disc brakes, fuel inj, leather interior, bangin stereo, one of a kind wheels, totally custom.......but they do it all in one week. They have to work 24 hrs a day to get the work completed.

There is also the small fact that OCC is a big sausage fest, and Overhaulin has a freakin georgous babe.....ahhhhhh Courtney Hansen. :cool:

Stoneage_Caddy
09-22-04, 10:01 PM
oh dude , you had to bring up courtney didnt you

i still get goosebumps everytime she holds a wrench (or when she has a little grese on her)

If she was only named "Roary D Engine" shed be perfect

Nothing beatter than a beautiful woman in coveralls holding a wrench

ChristianV
09-22-04, 10:57 PM
Overhaulin' all the way. They "overhaul" every aspect of the car. Pimp my RIde dumps a lot of money into electronics and rims but you're still stuck with a sh_tty engine and a corroded frame. What's the point in putting 40 G's of stuff on a 800 dollar car? In the end you still have that 800 dollar engine. Plus Overhaulin' is a lot more tasteful. Although I did like the Pimp my Ride where they did over that Mustang.

I PREFER watching Pimp my Ride though. The transformations are way more extreme.

Ralph
09-23-04, 12:30 AM
Overhaulin comes on TLC (learning channel), I believe on Tuesdays. They don't restore cars, they completely (frame off) rebulid and modernize the vehicle. They make classic cars better then you ever thought they could be, inside and out. They took like a 56 Chevy 4 door coupe and turned it into a two door convertible with disc brakes, fuel inj, leather interior, bangin stereo, one of a kind wheels, totally custom.......but they do it all in one week. They have to work 24 hrs a day to get the work completed.

There is also the small fact that OCC is a big sausage fest, and Overhaulin has a freakin georgous babe.....ahhhhhh Courtney Hansen. :cool:
Mmmmm just got Courtney sausage, or Ukrainian kubasa. :thumbsup:

Now I'm really hurtin' that I cancelled TLC! It was a fine channel, and I used to watch a lot of the Speed channel but when they stopped playing those old car and biker movies I cancelled it also. :shocked: :crying: My fav. was "American Musclecar" on Speed.

RBraczyk
09-23-04, 06:17 AM
Overhaulin' obviously. Can you see my truck with 24 inch spokes and altezza lights?

T_Dogg8
09-23-04, 07:42 AM
definitely overhaulin'. if i want to add stupid extras that llok good when you frist get and then are stupid later, i'd do that myself. some of the things on pimp my ride are cool, but they go way overboard, and they never touch the engine. i just saw them do a crx the other day and x talked about how it's called a 'pocket rocket.' then they showed the engine and it was practically dead. i don't know why they didn't just drop a new vtec in there or something. it would have been probably close in price and A LOT easier. i'd rather have the engine done and a little looks. i can do the looks on my own.

cruzajc1
09-23-04, 09:33 AM
No contest. Overhaulin does the entire car. pimp my ride does exterior and it is usually ghetto.

Gus

96 STS
cruzajc1@aol.com

JohnnyO
09-23-04, 10:57 AM
:coolgleam I like both shows but Overhaulin' is more my style of cars. I don't like the way they screw with the car owners and play head games though.

STS 310
09-23-04, 01:20 PM
Overhaulin' obviously. Can you see my truck with 24 inch spokes and altezza lights?

Coudnt hurt. :devil:

Jus playing!

STS 310
09-23-04, 01:25 PM
I have only seen overhaul once, but I agree that thousands of dollars on junkyard autos is a bit Xtreme, but it aint my money and it makes for good TV.

WCC could definately overhaul anything, they just dont do it on Pimp My Ride.

I pass by their shop occasionally, and their shop is NEVER empty. They were major players in the game before the show.

slk230mb
09-23-04, 05:18 PM
Overhaulin, no doubt

PhillyCaddy
09-23-04, 07:01 PM
I like both shows but Overhaulin is by far, the better of the 2. you have the man Chip Foose redoing your hole car top to bottom. Inside and out. PMR only shines a car up.
oh, and did you see that hotwheels car Chip did for the 35th anni. with a northstar rear mounted engine. sweet.

Rolex
09-23-04, 08:33 PM
did you see that hotwheels car Chip did for the 35th anni. with a northstar rear mounted engine. sweet.

I think that thing had twin turbochargers on a 32V Northstar engine. Too sweet! :D

Pimpin_Whity
09-28-04, 09:21 PM
defenately Overhaulin'
pimp my ride makes the word "pimp" look bad. a bunch of civics getting riced out for a buch of cheap ricers that can't do it themselves. but Overhaulin' does nice cars in classy ways.

Ralph
09-28-04, 09:29 PM
I know that WC never shows engines but are you guys sure they don't do something with them? The reason I mention it is because a couple of days ago they did that chicks' white Civic, including Lambo gull wing doors, etc, and they had what looked like a K&N FIPK when they showed the assembly of the stuff they had etc.

Pimpin_Whity
09-28-04, 09:34 PM
that's my point, they do civics. but Overhalin' does 69 camaros

Ralph
09-28-04, 09:39 PM
that's my point, they do civics. but Overhalin' does 69 camaros

I'm going to have to go over to my bud's place and check out Overhaulin'! I don't think they do too much rice because the boys at WC made mention that "We din't get too many of these here." Still, I was amazed at what they did to it.

STS 310
09-29-04, 03:27 PM
I know that WC never shows engines but are you guys sure they don't do something with them? The reason I mention it is because a couple of days ago they did that chicks' white Civic, including Lambo gull wing doors, etc, and they had what looked like a K&N FIPK when they showed the assembly of the stuff they had etc.

WCC can do it all. R&R, major customizing, and restoration. The only limit to their work is the limit of your wallet.

highonchai
12-08-04, 10:56 PM
Overhaulin'! all the way! Chip Foose is a genius when it comes to customizing cars, and they usually do a body-off restoration and give you a killer paint job. And did i mention that Chip Foose is a visionary genius!? I'd be overhauled anytime in-fact its a dream of mine... the '69 deville is in the garage! :shhh: come get it :D

danbuc
12-08-04, 11:46 PM
I would love to see Overhaulin' steal my 1966 Mustang Coupe and fix it up. That would be awesome! :D

509Rider
12-09-04, 02:00 AM
I like both shows, but overhaulin does quality they paint the door jams, I have seen 2 cars on pimp my ride with black door jambs, and when they did that orange uglyass eldorado I swear I saw a little dent on the top of the rear quarter when they pulled it out of the paint booth, wcc can build nice cars but not on the show, but Chip Foose will build anything better than wcc I dont care how much money you have. They need a new painter for pimp my ride to that guy is a clown, he comes up with the ugliest paint schemes.

Albertomac
12-09-04, 03:27 AM
Overhaulin.... They always change the engine for a better one or at least add a supercharger :) , and they always give you special custom made wheels for your car...

PhillyCaddy
12-09-04, 06:45 PM
WCC does not do anything with the engines on the show, but just cover up bad stuff. The Suburban they did had a smoking engine and all they did was add synthetic oil to stop it from smoking. Now if that was OH, they would have replaced the engine with some hot crate engine and tranny.
FOOSE FOOSE FOOSE.

Playdrv4me
12-11-04, 05:46 AM
Overhaulin for my 86 Blazer... WCC for my BMW.

RBraczyk
12-11-04, 02:02 PM
Supposedly on the sunday stew, they actually change the engine out on WCC, because the car doesn't look any different... I need to watch.

I'd be willing to turn my vehicle over to foose for the SS project I have in mind...