: I hate when anyone touches my car!

Jake2010
12-16-10, 10:20 AM
Some people may think I'm fanatical about my car, (like my wife) but I'm really not. I'm just use to doing all my own work and never harmed my cars in any way, always using fender cover, etc. I have the maintenance plan with my dealer and had scheduled the SRX for an oil change and tire rotation (this is new to me). I said to my wife "I hate taking my car anywhere for service". She said everything will be fine...

Well it wasn't, after getting the car home and giving it a bath. On one of the chrome tech wheels I noticed marks. Looks like air-gun spin-off where someone lost control of the air-gun and the socket struck the rim, now I got 3 marks proceeding in an outward pattern from the lug nut area. :mad:

Am I being too anal? My flawless, pristine SRX in not flawless anymore. I know the first "ding" is the worst but I especially hate it when It's caused by someone else's carelessness.

sube5186
12-16-10, 12:00 PM
Am I being too anal? My flawless, pristine SRX in not flawless anymore. I know the first "ding" is the worst but I especially hate it when It's caused by someone else's carelessness.

I don't think so. But then again, I'm just as anal as you. My last car would come back from the dealer with motor oil smudges on the interior of the "A" pillar, oil on the front fender, scratches on the leather seats, etc., etc., etc. With my SRX I can honestly say they pamper it as if it's their own. I get my car back with not so much as a fingerprint ANYWHERE, and believe me, I do check everything. It's almost as if they "hover" above the car when they work on it. It's unnatural how careful these guys are. The dealership even calls after ever service to make sure I'm completely satisfied. I made sure to tell them their service dept. should be commended.

You need to bring any imperfections to the attention of the Service Manager. If they can't repair the wheel, it needs to be replaced. You expect your car to pick up little dings while out on the street, no matter how careful you are. The last place in the world it should be damaged is in the sanctity of your dealership.

Sube

Ponyman
12-16-10, 12:33 PM
Amen Sube. I would be back at the dealer pointing out the damage to them.