: 2 questions, Gold trim and door sealent 2009 DTS

justinx
12-16-10, 03:23 AM
1st question. Does anyone know a Great place to get super good deal on Gold colored trim for the 2009 dts in black? You know, the symbols and stuff on the outside of the car? I'm thinking trunk and grill, and where ever else there are silver symbols.

2nd question. The front passenger side door is very loud. You can hear the wind and road noise. I am guessing it's probably some sort of seal trim that goes around the entire door (its not the window). Anyone know where to buy this cheap and if its a project a non mechanically inclined idiot like myself can do? Warranty just expired BTW.

Thank you for reading

383 LT1 SS
12-16-10, 11:09 AM
Check out ebay for the gold trim pieces. I have seen them there however I don't know what kind of quality the pieces are. In terms of your weather strip seal on the door inspect it first. Is there damage to the seal? If so you can replace the seal yourself.

383 LT1 SS

Superjim
12-16-10, 02:32 PM
1st question. Does anyone know a Great place to get super good deal on Gold colored trim for the 2009 dts in black? You know, the symbols and stuff on the outside of the car? I'm thinking trunk and grill, and where ever else there are silver symbols.

2nd question. The front passenger side door is very loud. You can hear the wind and road noise. I am guessing it's probably some sort of seal trim that goes around the entire door (its not the window). Anyone know where to buy this cheap and if its a project a non mechanically inclined idiot like myself can do? Warranty just expired BTW.

Thank you for reading

For the air noise around the front door...look at the seal...all the way around the door. See if it is actually damaged and needs to be replaced.

Another thing to do..put you hip against the door by the handle...and your forearm against the top frame of the door...then put your weight against the door and see how far it moves in toward the car.
It may be the door latch that needs adjusting.

Jim

CaddiLukKing
12-17-10, 11:13 AM
Ebay has a seller who goes by the name big daddy caddy or something to that effect... and he has the entire gold package... i mean everything and anything you can think of all in gold... here is the link to one of the packages that he is selling...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SALE-Cadillac-DTS-2006-2007-2008-24K-Gold-Package-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a075f15edQQitemZ18051 2298477QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries
if you click on his store front you can find alot of nice stuff... also if you contact them and you want additional stuff they will package it together for you and sell it at a discount... Side note:" as gold prices have gone up seems like gold emblems gone up in price as well."
have fun dressing up your ride...

P.S. in my town i found a company (guy) who fixes windshield, fabric and leather and other stuff, but he also does gold plating right there on your car... so you dont have tear the old emblems off with heat gun... I was quoted 200 bux... for back / front crest n shield, and the DTS logo with Northstar logo at the bottom of the trunk and those GM squares that are on the sides...so look in your town for someone with that capability...
good luck

Lev Blekher
12-19-10, 11:24 PM
Just though I'd chime in...my car came with $400 gold package from dealer when new. Includes front and rear emblem, DTS emblem, and Northstar emblem. GM mark of excellence emblems are standard silver. You should totally get it. If I get a newer DTS years from now I'll probably swap the emblems since the dealer-installed gold package is so rare. Thanks for that Ebay link, because I'm looking for a hood ornament and it's hard to find a gold one to match.

justinx
01-11-11, 05:09 PM
Thank you guys for the replies, ive been sick and just starting to feel better. I will check out the suggestions, i really appreciate it. I LOVE the gold symbols on the black car, it looks so good on the cadillac, i will check into plating too, i go through a touchless car wash so i wasnt sure if plating would hold up, sounds like it will. You guys that suggested looking at the seal, it does not look bad at all. I bet the suggestion about the latch needing adjusting is corrected. I will test it when i get the energy to get outside.