: new guy with 85 sedan deville

tylersloan
12-16-10, 01:10 AM
hey my name is Tyler
i own an 85 sedan deville that my grandpa bought brand new in Texas:cool2:
i got the car in 2001 and drove it up until 2004 when it started to act up its been parked ever since . well i have decided what to do with the old girl for a long time now and im happy to say she is going to get a full make over in original paint no candy colors for her .
were restoring her to the condition she rolled off the line on .
any one know were i can get restoration parts at ? emblems and hubcaps trim and weather stripping ?

ben.gators
12-16-10, 02:38 AM
hey my name is Tyler
i own an 85 sedan deville that my grandpa bought brand new in Texas:cool2:
i got the car in 2001 and drove it up until 2004 when it started to act up its been parked ever since . well i have decided what to do with the old girl for a long time now and im happy to say she is going to get a full make over in original paint no candy colors for her .
were restoring her to the condition she rolled off the line on .
any one know were i can get restoration parts at ? emblems and hubcaps trim and weather stripping ?

Ebay and junk yards are your friends... We are speaking about a car that was an expensive luxury car when it was brand new. Although the value of the car might be very low now, the new parts are still vert expensive if they are not discontinued yet. Use this search engine to search nearby junkyards: http://www.car-part.com/
Small parts like emblem are not listed in this website, however it is perfect for main parts of a car. Ebay is the best place to find emblems and such small parts....

billc83
12-16-10, 08:56 AM
Greetings and salutations.

'85+ devilles aren't seen too much as collector/restoration examples. You should have no problem scquiring parts from a junkyard. Must be cool to have something that your grandpa bought new!

Aron9000
12-16-10, 11:08 AM
Yeah, is this FWD or RWD??? I know in another thread you said it was a Fleetwood, which were both FWD and RWD for that year.