: Got the Seville Back today Engine totaly rebuit with studs perfect

ThumperPup
12-16-10, 12:23 AM
got the Caddy back today
picked her up thismorning
she runs better then a new Mercedes and i should now i drove a few of them in the past few years
MPG kind of is not so great right now int he city getting like 14 but im hoping thats just because shes breaking in
or maybe just a bad fuel but on the highway she seems to be up in the mid 20s

Mechanic showed me the Block and where it was Cracked was way worst then what the dealerhsip had shown me because they could only see part for sure
but i think its the front of the engine is the 2-4-6-8 Cylenders or piston or what eve rit was
but right acrosse the entire block on the front talking just about the entire langth of the engine was cracked wow
Mechanic thinks it has to do with the block being drilled to deep because he mentioned the Serts where a bit further in then he would ever put them in but cant say for surtenty becuase these blcoked from 1997threw 2001 he seems to see not so great
but im not sure what to think oh well

just happy to have her back heading on road trip tomorrow damm i cant beat on here for atleast 700 miles he told me lol

JoeTahoe
12-16-10, 06:34 AM
congrats!!!

mhamilton
12-16-10, 09:01 AM
That's great to hear, I'm sure you're thrilled to be back in your own car!

97EldoCoupe
12-16-10, 09:26 AM
Congratulations Pup I'm glad to hear it. Yes - be very careful during break-in - and wait at least 3,000 miles before you really get on it. The first few hundred miles are the most crucial and after about 500 or so, you need an oil & filter change-

I hope your Caddy lasts forever :)

Happy trails!

ThumperPup
12-16-10, 10:28 AM
ah ok so jake your saying i need to get an oil change in 500 miles question so thats like 3 days from now lol
seriosuly im hitting the road going to Detroit today and gona go up into the thump tomorrow and back to cleveland on monday

David told me that i should check the Oil every 300 or 400 miles because he said the first thousand or so miles untill the egnien gets broken in it will eat up oil faster then normal
but if i understand corect your saying get a oil change and filter change in 500 miles ?

stoveguyy
12-16-10, 03:07 PM
pup, in town mileage sucks. 14mpg is my average. heavy car, big motor. no need to check oil. thats what your oil level sensor is for. it will tell you when its low. but nothing wrong with doing it yourself. if you did not get new rings i do not see why you should be concerned about oil use. there is no part that needs to break in to stop oil use.

ThumperPup
12-16-10, 06:34 PM
pup, in town mileage sucks. 14mpg is my average. heavy car, big motor. no need to check oil. thats what your oil level sensor is for. it will tell you when its low. but nothing wrong with doing it yourself. if you did not get new rings i do not see why you should be concerned about oil use. there is no part that needs to break in to stop oil use.

i usualy get around 16 or 17 in the city driving but im hoping its just low because engine still needs to break in
because if this is not the case im like wow to have droped down to as low as it did
how evero n the highway its doing a bit better
on my trip to Detroit i was pulling around 28-29 mpg depending on what spped if i had it set at 65 or 75

also the Mechanic and Both the Mechanic in Ohio and Jake told me that it will burn more oil for the first 1000 or 2000 miles or so
becuase the rings and pistons where carbonized and all cleaned up
engine looks like it was brand new from the inside he said since he did all the works
im just suprised at first but after talking to jake i now understand more about why i should get a oil change agian as soon as i get bakc in town wich will be about 700 miles on the car total since rebuild

ThumperPup
12-20-10, 09:18 PM
well i just got back from Detroit and im about 780 miles so i over shot by 80 miles from what the trip had planed to be over the weekend
but just got back took her today for a oil change and now just waiting to see what goes on for the next 500k