: New Member Intro

Stric9
12-15-10, 09:49 PM
New to the forum and new to Caddy. I've always been a Faithful Ford Fan (mainly Lincolns). However I could not bring myself to stomach buying the wifey a FWD V6 Lincoln MKS. In my deperate search for a RWD V8 I find out the STS Caddy is RWD and a few even had V8's. Went to test drive the closest one I could find with a V8. It's an '08 but she can at least drive it to see if she likes it I'm thinking.
"Hmmm.. STS V? That V must stand for V8, right?" I ask the salesman. He give's me a strange look and says "your a funny guy" and starts laughing. I have no idea what's so funny. We jump in and fire it up (wifey driving). Pull out and she hits the pedel slightly.... WTF?!? I could feel torque in my legs, like the old big blocks. The salesman begins giving me the low down on what that "V" really stands for.
Bought it on the spot.

ben.gators
12-15-10, 10:06 PM
Hi and welcome, you are one of the very few people that own an STS V! Good for you..... and the story about V is really funny! From the price tag of the car did not you figure out there should be some thing very special about this STS? :D

orconn
12-15-10, 11:15 PM
Welcome to the Forums! Hope your wife enjoys her new STS-V.

Eldo1953
12-15-10, 11:32 PM
Great story!!

Stric9
12-16-10, 07:33 PM
Hi and welcome, you are one of the very few people that own an STS V! Good for you..... and the story about V is really funny! From the price tag of the car did not you figure out there should be some thing very special about this STS? :D

It seems the STS V8 models are kind of scarce. I later read the reason for that was most prefer the direct inject 6. The pricing wasn't that far outta whack considering the mileage (28K) and options either. Very close to a Lincoln Town Car or MKX believe it or not. My main concern was if the wife would like how the car rode/drove. It really didn't look or sound like a 400+ HP car (at least not the ones that I had back in day).

RippyPartsDept
12-16-10, 07:37 PM
:welcome:
a pleasant surprise then?

i have a feeling you might be swapping cars w/ her quite a bit

ben.gators
12-18-10, 02:03 AM
It seems the STS V8 models are kind of scarce. I later read the reason for that was most prefer the direct inject 6.

Huh! I used to think CTS-V and STS-V are sharing the same engine (LS).... but after your pot I did a research and realized no, STS has a supercharged version of N*!

It seems that CTS-V guys are happy with their engines, but I have no idea about STS-V people. Please keep us updated! :rolleyes:

My main concern was if the wife would like how the car rode/drove. It really didn't look or sound like a 400+ HP car (at least not the ones that I had back in day). Well, Just the same feeling that RippyPartsDept has! At some point you may get to this conclusion that you and the 469HP beast belong to each other! :D
It really didn't look or sound like a 400HP car (at least not the ones that I had back in day). You consider it as positive or negative point?

Playdrv4me
12-18-10, 02:08 AM
Ben the price of the STS-V has dropped dramatically, you can get a 2006 now for as low as 20k if you search very diligently. So I don't think the price would have been very shocking on a used 2008, even with low miles. These are the "good" kinds of surprises.

ben.gators
12-18-10, 02:39 AM
yeah, that is interesting.... Even first gen CTS-Vs are very cheap either (well, relative to their original price tag).... Right now in our area there are couple of first gen CTS-Vs with reasonable millage for as low as 20K$! I strongly dislike the first gen CTSs, and I am hoping after one or two years the price of 2008+Vs reduce that much either. A 2008 CTS-V with price tag of 20K$ and extended factory warranty will be a perfect car for me.... I prefer my (semi) old fashioned Seville over all of these new European-like Cadillacs. But, well, let's get realistic, it seems that Cadillc is not going to build such cars any more and I need to relax my expectations a bit... Among new Cadillcs, CTS-V and STS-V are the only cars that can some how satisfy me.... STS supposed to be a high performance classy car for real gentlemen, but the new STS marginally failed to achieve this aim. Therefore I prefer to go for CTS, a car that succeeded in being a high class sporty car.

Rolex
12-18-10, 09:18 AM
That's a great story OP. Welcome to Cadilllac Forums. Thanks for signing up. :wave:

Stric9
12-18-10, 12:01 PM
So I don't think the price would have been very shocking on a used 2008, even with low miles. These are the "good" kinds of surprises.
We were looking in the $45 ~ $50 range and had for the most part driven everything in that price range that was luxury (wifey). My expectations had already been established (based on all the other models) BEFORE I ever saw the car. I had ruled the Caddys out because I (mistakenly) thought they had all moved to FWD. No offense to the FWD proponents but the engine being mounted sideways under the hood creeps me out.

You consider it as positive or negative point?
Positive, very positive. My daily driver is a Harley FLHXI.....LOL

delaford321
12-19-10, 06:17 PM
Hey everyone,
I'm new to this forum as well.
I can't wait to get to know some of you and talk everything caddy.