: A funny story about a car accident and insurance company

ben.gators
12-15-10, 02:18 AM
Yesterday I saw a friend driving a brand new car. Asked about the car, he said his 2002 high milage Daewoo was hit very badly by a drunk driver and the car is in the collision center and insurance company rented this car for him until his car is ready to go!

I said why the insurance company did not total that old stupid car? (Well, I did not use exactly these word! :D) He was surprised too. KBB suggested retail value of car in excellent condition is 3,500$, and the estimated repair costs of the car is 2,500$! Much more important, it will take about one month to repair the car and he will have the rent car for one month!!!! The other funny part is they are going to ship the parts from South Korea to USA.....:histeric::histeric: My friend has no objections and enjoying driving the brand new car instead of that Daewoo. Also since his car was already a junk car he has no concern about the quality of repairs too. I bet his car will be in a better shape than it was before the accident! :D

I have heard a lot of horror stories about insurance companies, but never ever have heard some thing like this! :histeric::histeric:

Jesda
12-15-10, 06:37 AM
LOL, it will be the last "new" Daewoo in the US market!

Stingroo
12-15-10, 08:58 AM
That actually is funny. What did they give him for a rental?

ben.gators
12-15-10, 01:17 PM
^
Mazda 3. Not a top car, but way better than that Daewoo...