: Lost heater display info on nav screen

big hitter
12-14-10, 08:42 PM
I was driving along and suddenly I could not display any info concerning heater on the nav screen. Fan speed, temp or settings. Next I checked to see if seat heater worked and found that the 3 light indicator would show seat heater was on but only for a few seconds then quit. Tried shutting engine off and restarting but no help. After about 15 minutes all indicators began to work again except for seat heater. Anyone had this happen? Going to dealer tomorrow.

sube5186
12-14-10, 09:06 PM
Never experienced anything like this. Sounds like the software control module for the HVAC system could need a re-flash.

Sube

big hitter
12-15-10, 11:50 AM
Update: Headed for the dealer this morning and I thought I would check everything to see if still not working. Everything working, including seat heaters. Cancelled trip and will wait to see if anything goes wrong again. Probably is a heater module.

sube5186
12-15-10, 12:18 PM
I saw three separate technical service bulletins on the GM Techlink website related to this phenomenon. They all required a software reprogramming of the the radio module or HVAC control module. If it never happens again, don't worry about it. If it does occur again, take it in and have them reprogram the appropriate module. Personally, even if it doesn't happen again I would get them to reprogram the module(s) the next time your vehicle is in for routine service. If you don't, it may act up one day out of warranty. Then, they'll want to charge you for the repair.

Sube

big hitter
12-15-10, 03:12 PM
Thanks, Sube. I'll do this when I go in for an oil change.