Cadillac Owners Forum banner

TC/Stability OFF & Competitive Mode disabled @ certain temperatures?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  WesH8398 
#1 ·
Back when I first got my V, I had to have the DIC reprogrammed with the V program because my steering wheel controls were doing the functions of a base CTS. Since then everything's been working fine, but yesterday morning, after a long, cold night of sitting out, I couldn't get the stabilitrak and traction control to either go into Competitive mode, or to the fully OFF mode. I could turn just the TC off with the single press of the button, but the 2 presses within 5 seconds did not give me Comp Mode, nor did the hold for 5+ seconds give me the OFF mode.
My outside temp showed about -15 degrees celcius, and I wonder if the systems override the steering wheel control when it's below a certain temperature out. Anyone experience or hear of this?
Some of you may ask why I wanted to turn all this off in such adverse weather conditions .... I think the answer's pretty obvious. :lildevil:

#2 ·
Are all your TPMS sensors working and psi in normal parameters?

#4 ·
Not to be crass, but a lot of those people deserved it. They went around road closure signs, ignored warnings by officials, and ignored all common sense. Sucks to be stuck on a highway for 36+ hours though, for sure!

Regarding the TPMS readout - everthing was fine. Tires were all ~220 kPa (man I wish it would display PSI with Kilometer's per hour). No messages displayed on the DIC either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.