: '78 Deville fuse location and disconnect for "level ride" motor.

pompste
12-14-10, 03:31 PM
I have to put rear passive shocks on my '78 Deville for now since 1 is leaking oil and i can`t afford air shocks.
I need to know what fuse goes to the "level ride" motor and if the motor can just be disconnected from under the hood.
If a fuse does go to level ride---does it go to it ONLY?---meaning no other accessories on the same fuse.
Thanks for any help!

csbuckn
12-14-10, 04:30 PM
Just disconnect the motor under the hood.

Jaydizzal
12-14-10, 09:12 PM
I have to put rear passive shocks on my '78 Deville for now since 1 is leaking oil and i can`t afford air shocks.
I need to know what fuse goes to the "level ride" motor and if the motor can just be disconnected from under the hood.
If a fuse does go to level ride---does it go to it ONLY?---meaning no other accessories on the same fuse.
Thanks for any help!

heah boss, i have a 78 coupe deville, the fuse box is on the drivers side near where your left foot would be as if you were driving it. I think thats the best way i can describe it, The fuse box should have names of what fuse controls what. I tell you what i did on my caddy, I just unplugged the level ride under the hood, jus follow the wiring from the level ride to the plug. Good Luck

pompste
12-14-10, 09:32 PM
heah boss, i have a 78 coupe deville, the fuse box is on the drivers side near where your left foot would be as if you were driving it. I think thats the best way i can describe it, The fuse box should have names of what fuse controls what. I tell you what i did on my caddy, I just unplugged the level ride under the hood, jus follow the wiring from the level ride to the plug. Good Luck

Thanks for the info! I got the shocks installed tonight.I found the wiring to the motor and just unplugged it--done deal.It unplugs from underneath the motor.
The new passive shocks don`t lift the rear end as high as the original air shocks did---maybe 1 inch lower or so----but i had to get them replaced since one was leaking oil and the level ride motor was on way too much.At least i don`t have to hear that noisy motor anymore.
Passive shocks are all i could afford now.Maybe sometime if/when i ever get more $$$,i can get some Gabriel air ride hi-jackers in the rear.
The "level ride" dash light still comes on though,even though it`s unplugged----but it only stays on for 2 minutes or so,after starting the car, and then it goes off by itself.May be pulling the fuse would keep the dash light from coming on at all.