Cadillac Owners Forum banner

How can I eliminate AC code from dash without recharging system???

917 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Hairball 
#1 · (Edited)
This is driving me up a wall and becoming very annoying! :banghead:

My info center is always showing "Very Low Refrigerant" and "A/C Compressor OFF". Okay, I know it already, car! Stop reminding me!

The problem is, I can't recharge the system until I figure out how to convert it from R-12 to R-134a. But until I do the conversion, I just want to stop seeing that message flashing. I constantly have to push the display button to turn it off, but it comes right back.

So my question is this: is there any way to stop getting that message (besides recharging the refrigerant) like pulling the A/C fuse or circuit breaker, unplugging a sensor from an A/C line, or anything else? Help!

I do plan to get it recharged soon, but until then I don't need it in the middle of winter and the message on my info center gets annoying, especially at night.

Any help or advice on how to temporarily avoid this warning message will be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

See less See more
#4 ·
No, I just assumed it was correct since that's the only message I'm getting. Oddly though, when I start the car it says "All Monitored Systems OK". I've read the technique for reading codes, but how do I clear them without going through all the other stuff?

I've never heard of Freeze 12. I'll check into it.

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.