: Couple of new issues, going to dealer soon, any hints I can give them?

bbshriver
12-14-10, 10:57 AM
1) Something I've been noticing but seems to be getting progressively slightly worse. When I'm moving at minimal speed (just enough off idle to move the car) and sometimes sitting at a stop-sign or light while in gear (goes away if I switch to neutral) there's a harshness or rough feel. I have a slightly inclined driveway that I usually back into for parking and this is where I notice it most. I'm thinking some sort of torque converter issue, but not sure. Anyone else have a similar problem?

2) When the car is cold, and especially when it's cold outside the engine makes a chirping sound. Could just be something simple like a serpentine belt adjustment but it's a new thing and just want to be sure to address it if it is a problem. Also, almost sounds like it could be a slight exhaust leak.

What is the service interval for the serpentine belt?

Car is a 2005 V8 with ~65k on it. Still under CPO warranty.

KRSTS
12-14-10, 12:59 PM
I normally replace my serpentine belts at around 50K as a precaution. You can check the belt for wear or cracks. Don't know what the manufacturer recommendshttp://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

Subsailor613
12-14-10, 02:49 PM
PLEASE CONSIDER THIS !
If you choose to change the belt , under your controlled conditions=lowest price
Having to change your belt, because it failed on Interstate= towing,delay in your time, tie up car schedule for belt replacement= sucks.
Having done it in advance, with NO delays=PRICELESS

Have a GREAT Holiday everyone. :cool2::cool2:

bbshriver
12-14-10, 02:57 PM
I'm not concerned with the cost of replacing the belt, just hadn't seen the service interval on it.

Any ideas on the roughness issues at/near idle?

EChas3
12-14-10, 10:08 PM
Change the belt & save the old one. You may never need a third.

If the chirp persists, I'd suspect the tension pully. Does it always ocurr? If so, you can run it briefly without the belt asnd eliminate the water pump, alternator & power steering pump as well.that whole system.

MEMBERS, PLEASE POST IF I'M WRONG!

bbshriver
12-15-10, 08:45 AM
Change the belt & save the old one. You may never need a third.

If the chirp persists, I'd suspect the tension pully. Does it always ocurr? If so, you can run it briefly without the belt asnd eliminate the water pump, alternator & power steering pump as well.that whole system.

MEMBERS, PLEASE POST IF I'M WRONG!

It only seems to occur when the car is cold and it's cold outside. For instance when I use remote start in the morning before heading to work.