Cadillac Owners Forum banner

"at the end of the day, it's fun to win races." The V's are back!!!

2K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  crankedupforit 
#1 ·

#3 ·
Anyone have any info on the powerplant?

#4 ·
I want one of those windbreakers they all were wearing with the V on it!

#9 ·
I'd be in.

#11 ·
Good to see that Cadi is reinforcing the branding strategy it started in 04. It's also a strong signal that business at GM is promising enough to resume a significant racing effort. That coupe is pretty slam chopped. I'm sure the cradles were modified to get it that low (like the old V1). Katech is providing the engines. It would be interesting what they will be allowed. I would be surprised if it was a blower LSA. Wonder how they will shed 1000 lbs + but they will.

#12 ·
Andy's back, but no word on the engine.
Anybody know when they started the program? First race is in March. Not a lot of time........

#20 ·
Maybe the LSA supercharged engine will be in the racing coupe. 525hp limit though. Here's a piece from the World Challenge web page:

World Challenge Car Facts

Classes

Grand Touring (GT): The allowed body styles within this class are coupe, sedan and convertible. The cars permitted in GT are typically sold in the market as "sports" cars, "sport-touring" cars, or performance versions of "luxury" cars. Forced induction is permitted on cars that come equipped with forced induction stock, or on cars that SCCA Pro Racing has determined need help reaching the target horsepower range. Power output ranges from 425-525 hp. Weight varies depending on power output and tire size. All of the vehicles in GT are rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.