: what do you protect your top with??

sinatra caddy
12-13-10, 03:46 PM
its winter in ohio and i was wondering what to put on my fleetwood broughams top to protect it from the elements?? i tried tire wet in a small area and some color came of onto the rag! not good. what do i use to protect it?? thanks so much guys!

pompste
12-14-10, 12:31 AM
If your top is "vinyl"--a product called "303" is the best.I use it on my '78 Deville`s vinyl top.It`s a bit pricey,but it`s better than other products available.It has sunblock in it,so it protects it from harmful UV rays.

sven914
12-14-10, 12:53 AM
I don't know about the protecting benefits of 303, but the best thing to do for your top is keep the salt and road grime off it. Cleaning it regularity, without any fancy products, will do more than just spraying it down with something and hoping for the best.

robb257731
12-14-10, 12:31 PM
303 is amazing....keeps it shiny and new looking...that being said, my top was replaced 3 years ago, so don't know how it would work on older material.

turbojimmy
12-14-10, 12:36 PM
303 is amazing....keeps it shiny and new looking...that being said, my top was replaced 3 years ago, so don't know how it would work on older material.

Does it run off all over the windows when it rains? I use a Meguiars product that keeps it looking great, but when it rains it streaks all over the windows and paint.

Bro-Ham
12-14-10, 01:50 PM
I have used 303 since the early 90's, I've found it best for preserving vinyl in as-new condition. If applied properly it should not run off - - the directions suggest spraying on and wiping off which buffs it to a low luster finish.

Some people on the forum have tried 303 on vinyl that has degraded due to exposure to sun and the elements and if the shiny protective part of the vinyl is worn off then 303 won't re-grow it and you'll need to use some other product, but I suspect 303 will prevent further damage.

Good luck! :)

sven914
12-14-10, 02:53 PM
Does it run off all over the windows when it rains? I use a Meguiars product that keeps it looking great, but when it rains it streaks all over the windows and paint.

Every time I used it, I ended up with white shit all over the car (I guess I never got the hand motion down).

sinatra caddy
12-14-10, 04:24 PM
where do i get this 303? is it something bought at a local auto chain store or internet store???

HUF
12-14-10, 05:13 PM
where do i get this 303? is it something bought at a local auto chain store or internet store???
Where do you live? I bought a bottle at http://www.ems.com/home/index.jsp?emssrcid=PPC:Google:adwords_Branded_Cont ent_Eastern%20Mountain%20Sports

sven914
12-14-10, 05:53 PM
You can also go to 303's Where to buy page (http://www.wheretobuy303.com/index.php?tab=US) and search based on your zip code, to see where they have an authorized dealer.

Bro-Ham
12-14-10, 06:57 PM
303: boat stores sell it, I also saw it a few weeks ago at the local auto upholstery/convertible top shop.

sinatra caddy
12-15-10, 11:13 AM
thanks guys. im going to give it a try.

pompste
12-16-10, 12:25 AM
thanks guys. im going to give it a try.

You`re welcome! Just remember to let the 303 soak in a while before wiping it off.That will minimze any run off on the rear window after it rains or gets wet.You will like the results.