Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Considering a CTS-V Purchase, got some questions.

781 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  JDB 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm considering purchasing a slightly used V for a new daily driver. Seeing as how we have just had a baby I would like to upgrade from my Camaro SS to something our son can fit into a little easier. Firs question, I can't find it listed anywhere but I assume the V has the LATCH system. Can someone confirm this.

Seeing as how we are from the NYC metro area, I do a decent amount of driving. However, every once in a while it snows. It doesnt snow really bad but a couple of times a year, but I would still consider investing in a set of snow tires. I have a set of stock Camaro SS rims with snow tires on them. I assume I cant use these on a V but want to confirm this. If needed I would try to purchase a stock set of wheels with snow tires, to easily switch back and forth. Any recommendations? I would purchase a set of non-performance winter tires only.

Also, are there any common things to watch out for?
- I know the rear end things
- I seem to remember something about motor mounts

Also is there anything that commonly goes wrong with these cars later in life? I need something that is going to be reliable as a daily driver.

One last thing, any reason to buy an 06 0r 07 over an 04 or 05? I know the LS6 vs the LS2 but anything else major change that would cause someone to buy an LS2 car over an LS6?

Thanks in advance for any help. You guys have some awesome cars. Just looked through the picture thread.

See less See more
#2 ·
I can't find it listed anywhere but I assume the V has the LATCH system. Can someone confirm this.
Welcome to the forum! I'm not nearly as versed as some on here, so I'll keep my comments brief. Yes, the V's have LATCH (at least my 2007 does). I have a 9 month old. Being 6'4" though, the only way I can get the rear-facing child seat in is by putting it in the middle. My daughter is practically head-to-head with me! Others on here will surely have more to say on your other thoughts and questions.

#4 ·
There should be a "I'm considering a V but have some questions" sticky.

#5 ·
If you get an '06/'07, you'll most likely get the latest differential whereas if you got an '04/'05 you'd have to check it.

If the car seems to shake on shutdown, that could be the motor mounts. My MMs on my '05 are just fine at 53k miles.

With decent tread on the front and snows on the rear, you should have no problems in NYC 99.9% of the time.

Too bad about our wheels being six-lug and all. Really limits all of us. You just may want to score on a couple of beater wheels for winter.

Good luck!

^^^ Yeah that. ^^^

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.