: Cadillac CPO Warranty vs Premium Limited Brands CPO Warranty???

SHOWGIRL
12-11-10, 08:15 PM
hi - purchased used 2010 DTS from a Cadillac dealer with 3 years & 6 months remaining on Factory Warranty (due to indate of May, 2010)
- it was ''eligible' for the certification warranty. (dealer had done the 117 point check prior to our purchase when dealer obtained the car but we then had to pay for the ''cpo'' policy which we did.
When we got the paperwork from dealer who uses Global Management information, on the
print-out, it is showing the coverage we bought as ''Premium Brands limited CPO @arranty''+ date it started/ending - we thought we were getting the ''Cadillac CPO warranty''(as we were told) or are these 'names''(Premium Brands limited CPO Warranty & Cadillac CPO Warranty one in the same?) .
The financial manager who handled the paperwork understood what we wanted and also stated that you can only purchase the Cadillac CPO thru them ! thanks so much !!! :confused:

Kenwood
12-16-10, 11:54 AM
I believe you're safe and that the Premium Brands is Cadillac, SAAB and Hummer. Even though GM no longer makes or sells SAABs and Hummers, they are still eligible for extended warranties.

My understanding is that GM has two levels of Certified Pre-owned warranties. One is the Premium Brands that gets you to 6 years 100,000 miles and a few extra perks (loaners, travel interruption reimbursement - but don't quote me on that). The other is their standard CPO program that just gives you an additional 12 months, 12,000 miles. So, you're getting an extra year and maybe a couple other benefits. You can call Cadillac's 800 number and they should be able to tell you the details. Your salesman may be confused. He's just trying to make sales and move on to the next deal. He doesn't care about the little details.

SHOWGIRL
12-17-10, 07:59 AM
I believe you're safe and that the Premium Brands is Cadillac, SAAB and Hummer. Even though GM no longer makes or sells SAABs and Hummers, they are still eligible for extended warranties.

My understanding is that GM has two levels of Certified Pre-owned warranties. One is the Premium Brands that gets you to 6 years 100,000 miles and a few extra perks (loaners, travel interruption reimbursement - but don't quote me on that). The other is their standard CPO program that just gives you an additional 12 months, 12,000 miles. So, you're getting an extra year and maybe a couple other benefits. You can call Cadillac's 800 number and they should be able to tell you the details. Your salesman may be confused. He's just trying to make sales and move on to the next deal. He doesn't care about the little details.]]
--------------------------
Hello ! thanks for the above - don't remember dealer's insurance man who did paperwork mentioning 'two' tiers of CPO's but we did get the one going-out 2 yrs that you desribed above - we checked the 'end' dates and it 'is' definitely a 2 yr. CPO...tried calling Cadillac directly ...they did mention there is only 'one' CPO but i think you may be correct (2-plans -one or two yr). I really apprecite your trouble ! Happy Holidays !