: 2005 STS XM Radio lost

mmcubed
12-10-10, 03:20 PM
I have a 2005 STS and all of a sudden XM is no longer available as a band on the radio. The AM, FM1 and FM2 are still there but XM1 and XM2 are gone. Called my dealer and they said it was a subscription problem but XM tech says subscription is fine and is a radio/auto problem. Anybody have similar problem or any advide?

rzambrano
12-10-10, 05:01 PM
Never heard of such a thing. One thing I can advice (it was told to me for a different Nav problem), go into the fuse box in the right rear seat, remove the Nav's fuse for like 5 minutes, put it back in, and that might help.

EChas3
12-10-10, 11:54 PM
I remember a thread from a long while back... in my memory exactly the same. I don't recall if the 'reset' trick worked but there's little harm in trying.

Remove negative battery cable, remove positive cable & touch them together for a few seconds. Connect positive & then negative. You may need to retrain the express-up windows.

Somebody did have the XM module go bad. Trunk?

M.A.C
12-10-10, 11:58 PM
I have an 05 STS and though I don't have a subscription, I can still tune in to promotional XM. Also, I have no idea what you mean by FM1 and FM2. There is only one FM. I get AM, FM, XM, and WX weather stations.

EChas3
12-11-10, 03:38 PM
I have an 05 STS and though I don't have a subscription, I can still tune in to promotional XM. Also, I have no idea what you mean by FM1 and FM2. There is only one FM. I get AM, FM, XM, and WX weather stations.

He is confused by the display. There's only 1 FM. If you're on FM, the current source looks like another FM button.

carter's_sts
12-11-10, 11:24 PM
Try switching to the other driver in the menu and then back. That worked for me. If not try the battery reset.

GGloede
04-01-16, 05:56 PM
Just had the same problem on my mom's 2006 STS. Disconnected the battery as suggested above, held the cables together, then connected the positive cable and then the negative cable. XM came right back, works great. Thanks! by the way she was having battery problems and ended up replacing the battery, which probably caused the problem in the first place.