Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Posting pictures

791 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  RippyPartsDept 
#1 ·
Hey sorry but I searched how to post pics and get every thread that has pics in it but nothing on how to post em. I even started an album and thought I attached them because they show up as an album but when I click on the album it says the folder is empty. wtf. Any help would be great. Thanks

#3 ·

OK this is a test.

#4 ·

Mmmm...didn't work.

#5 ·
#9 ·
Got it to work! Thanks

[/IMG]

#11 ·
it can be from your album, it just has to be a direct link to an image... depending on your browser it may be easier or harder to get those direct links...

some browsers (chrome and firefox) make it easy by just right clicking the image you get a 'copy image location' or 'copy image URL'
in IE (internet exploder) you'll need to right click the image and then choose properties and then copy the link from inside the properties window

some image hosting sites, like photobucket and imageshack will offer up the 'direct link' or a 'forum link' for you to make it easy

#12 ·
I'm really dumb, so if I can do it, you can, too.

The photobucket method works pretty slick. If you don't have an account, set one up. Upload your photo(s) by clicking the "Upload" button, and "browse" for the photo on your computer, then type a title on each photo when it asks for it. Once done, if you hover your cursor over the photo, the fourth thing (<-- technical talk) down that says "IMG Code" can be clicked on (actually, the box to the immediate right of it) to copy the image. Go back to your post, and with your cursor inside the posting box, right click and paste that sucker right in there. I like doing this far better than uploading directly from my computer because you don't have to resize it and you see it immediately in your post without having to click on to enlarge it.

Don't know if my explanation helped much ... the other guys here know a whole bunch more than I do about this stuff. :worship:

Here's an example ...

#13 ·
i prefer imageshack since you don't need an account (if you don't want to set on up) to post and their downloadable upload tool is super simple and works really well
saves a lot of time since i can just right click a picture (or a bunch of pictures) on my computer and upload them all in one fell swoop

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.