: Chicago Auto Show - February 18-20 - Who's Going?

Lord Cadillac
12-10-10, 11:59 AM
I'm going for a weekend. I'm bringing my wife along as well. Who else plans on being there? Which weekend would work best for you?

gdwriter
12-10-10, 04:46 PM
I can do either weekend. There was a discussion among the regular attendees about staying downtown this year, which I'd be all for.

hueterm
12-10-10, 09:32 PM
Downtown hotels look pretty reasonable the second weekend....didn't check the first.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-10-10, 10:06 PM
I can go either weekend. The sooner we know what weekend is better, as I have to get time off work.

Ranger
12-10-10, 10:29 PM
I avoid downtown like the plague, but if you guys end up west of the city for dinner, let me know.

HAZZARDJOHN
12-15-10, 12:06 PM
I'm game for either weekend.

drewsdeville
12-15-10, 09:03 PM
I go every year with my father. Take the train from Sturtevant, WI (just south of Oak Creek, where I live) right into Union Station. Only takes an hour, no driving, no parking, no hassle. Gotta love it.

GizmoQ
12-23-10, 01:41 AM
I've got an opening on my schedule for the second weekend. The V is getting Snake Bit till then.

Lord Cadillac
12-23-10, 10:01 PM
So is it looking like more people prefer the second weekend than the first?

gdwriter
12-23-10, 11:12 PM
Sounds fine with me, especially if that's the weekend Marvin can make it.

hueterm
12-23-10, 11:24 PM
I will try to make it.

Jesda
12-24-10, 02:57 AM
Second weekend works for me.

gdwriter
12-24-10, 09:44 AM
Am now seeing fares from PDX to ORD at $339, so let's try to lock this weekend down soon, and I'll buy my tickets.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-24-10, 10:51 AM
Second weekend works just fine for me. :)

GizmoQ
12-24-10, 04:53 PM
I'm bringing my wife along as well.
O.K. I guess if the weather cooperates, I'll bring my gal, too, so she won't be alone in a gaggle of gearheads.

So is it looking like more people prefer the second weekend than the first?

Sounds fine with me, especially if that's the weekend Marvin can make it.

Am now seeing fares from PDX to ORD at $339, so let's try to lock this weekend down soon, and I'll buy my tickets.

Second weekend works just fine for me. :)

Looks like a quorum to me, so I'll lock in the dates on my calendar.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-24-10, 05:43 PM
Well if we're set in for the second week, I'll get the time off both jobs.

gdwriter
12-24-10, 09:18 PM
And I'll book my flight.

ThumperPup
12-24-10, 10:29 PM
as long as things go smooth and no hickups or anyting in life ill be there
hmm downtown
yikes last time i stayed i think it was downtown maybe it was near the airport but i mean last tiem iw as there i think parking was like 40 a nite or something
lets just make sure that where ever we get a place at its got free or cheap parking lol

and mariott propertys are prefered
i missed out on gold this year i think so next year i gota try and get back up

Ranger
12-24-10, 11:04 PM
Free or cheap parking in downtown Chicago? Surely you jest.

GizmoQ
12-24-10, 11:34 PM

Come On Jesda, let's see you work your magic! What hotel are we staying in?

ThumperPup
12-25-10, 12:41 PM
Free or cheap parking in downtown Chicago? Surely you jest.

i think thats why im agaqinst downtown lol

see last time i stayed i said i spent like 40 a nite i thhink for parking not doing that again

gdwriter
12-26-10, 10:35 PM
OK, I'm booked. Will arrive at O'Hare at 4 p.m. on Friday, Feb 18, leave at 5 p.m. on Sunday.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-28-10, 11:48 PM
I'm all set to go. I've got the day off of work, so I'm as ready as can be. Now with two sources of income, I'll have more money to play around with too!

I'm pushing for staying in the suburbs! I'm not paying $45 a night for parking downtown, that's ridiculous! We had a great time in the 'burbs last two years, why change it?

ThumperPup
12-30-10, 03:05 AM
I'm all set to go. I've got the day off of work, so I'm as ready as can be. Now with two sources of income, I'll have more money to play around with too!

I'm pushing for staying in the suburbs! I'm not paying $45 a night for parking downtown, that's ridiculous! We had a great time in the 'burbs last two years, why change it?

i wasnt there last year or the year before or any other year iethere
but im still pushing for the burbs because well if we end up donwtown with the 40 or 45 per nite to park thats like 90 bucks
im like yeah i know ok why press over 90 bucks for parking if your already gona be spending like 300 or so on a trip but well i think about it like this
if we get hotels around 50 a nite or something
and then there is 90 for parking maybe even more
then there is gas and tolls for us wo are driving
food where are we like 400 or 500 already ?
i know who cares about an extra 90 well in this darn econmy where gas is 3.20 a gallon gota bush the buket somewhere lol

hueterm
12-30-10, 09:37 AM
I doubt that hotels Downtown will be $50...my guess would be around $90-100 even with Priceline.

gdwriter
12-30-10, 01:40 PM
Jesda usually gets us something in the 'burbs for ~$60 a night. And they've always been nice properties.

thebigjimsho
12-30-10, 03:45 PM
The burbs? Chicago is amsome, why not live it up?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-31-10, 12:04 AM
No space, expensive parking, too crowded, everything is insanely expensive, all the big restaurants have chains out in the burbs, we've already been to the Sears & Hancock, etc etc etc

ThumperPup
12-31-10, 12:44 AM
The burbs? Chicago is amsome, why not live it up?

thats what day trips are for
shoot we find a hotel in the burbs
and take a day trip into the city do what ever no one has to pay for parking
we can pile 2 or 3 ppl into the caddys if not 4 depending on our size at a time and just hit the city thats why

why spend like what i had said 300 or 400 for 2 days when we could get away with 200 or 300 not saying thats the price it problaby will be more after gas and all tolls and stuff for non locals but still why spend the extraoo 1 or 200 more for parking and a hotel when we can spend half of that to drive into the city and party there

Ranger
12-31-10, 01:47 AM
Lots of hotels around O'Hare with good restaurants and easy access to the city.

Jesda
12-31-10, 05:13 AM
Making hotel thread

96Fleetwood
12-31-10, 10:21 AM
I will be there! I may have a new car to show off too...:stirpot:

ThumperPup
01-01-11, 12:22 PM
yo i say we just park in rangers drive and sleep in the cars or pitch tents in the yard im sure he would be ok with this lol

Ranger
01-01-11, 10:50 PM
Brrrr

hueterm
01-02-11, 12:01 AM
Does that "Brrr" mean "When Hell freezes over...?"

thebigjimsho
01-02-11, 01:40 AM
I think it means the burbs are cold and uninviting compared with the bustling metropolis and all the fun that it entails...

ThumperPup
01-02-11, 10:51 AM
Brrrr

ranger Brr and in freezz or did you mean Grr and in grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr lol

ThumperPup
01-02-11, 10:52 AM
I think it means the burbs are cold and uninviting compared with the bustling metropolis and all the fun that it entails...

nice try but keep pusshing for the city if you want you can pay our parking if you like giggles

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-02-11, 10:54 AM

That's funny Jim! I had no idea you were attending the meet which would give valid reason for suggesting these terrible ideas.

thebigjimsho
01-02-11, 12:00 PM
That's funny Jim! I had no idea you were attending the meet which would give valid reason for suggesting these terrible ideas.

Blah blah blah. Do people split up all weekend? Carpool and cab it everywhere. Or walk. Then you can be in the middle of it all. For a weekend, I'd think it to be more fun downtown. That's what I'd do...

thebigjimsho
01-02-11, 12:02 PM
But I understand budgets are tight, so...

gary88
01-02-11, 12:51 PM
Blah blah blah. Do people split up all weekend? Carpool and cab it everywhere. Or walk. Then you can be in the middle of it all. For a weekend, I'd think it to be more fun downtown. That's what I'd do...

ewe can hang out with me downtown :squid:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-02-11, 04:26 PM
Jim, are you actually coming or not?

gdwriter
01-02-11, 04:45 PM
JD's family on his Dad's side have said they'd like to get together with us for dinner, so the suburbs would be best, at least for Friday night's dinner. I'm friends with them on Facebook, so I can get in touch with them. I met them at JD's wake and funeral, and they're good people. His grandfather is even a bit of a gearhead, having had a couple of cool motorcycles and had a 90s DeVille Concours, which is where JD got his affinity for Cadillacs. And his aunt has a Bumblebee Camaro, which I'll make sure to ask she drives for Jimmy's benefit.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-02-11, 09:17 PM
I'm taking that Friday off, so I'll leave St. Paul around 9 or so. That way I'll just miss the traffic jam up here and hopefully beat the jam down in Chicago, and still have time to BS around before we meet at the hotel like we did the last two years.

ThumperPup
01-02-11, 11:29 PM
im missing soemthing here who was JD question im sorry i guess maybe i wasnt or havent been around long enough to know

also i got an idea since some want the burbs and some want the city
how about we do one nite in the Burbs and a second nite in the city ?

hueterm
01-02-11, 11:31 PM
I may or may not go...but I do know that I'm not switching hotels. I can go either way w/burbs vs Downtown, but once I park all my crap somewhere, it's not moving until I go home...

JD was a long time member who died right after the Chicago meet last year. His name here was Dirt Cheap Fleetwood.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-02-11, 11:56 PM
Yeah, there's no point in switching hotels halfway through the meet. I think the best plan of action is to get a hotel in the suburbs, and go downtown one of the nights after the show and have fun down there. No point in staying downtown, and paying out the a$$ for rooms and parking if we can have all the fun and crawl back to the suburbs after the fun is over.

ThumperPup
01-03-11, 01:07 AM
I may or may not go...but I do know that I'm not switching hotels. I can go either way w/burbs vs Downtown, but once I park all my crap somewhere, it's not moving until I go home...

JD was a long time member who died right after the Chicago meet last year. His name here was Dirt Cheap Fleetwood.

oh yes i remmebr now that i know who JD is i can put a name with the name here

ThumperPup
01-03-11, 01:10 AM
Yeah, there's no point in switching hotels halfway through the meet. I think the best plan of action is to get a hotel in the suburbs, and go downtown one of the nights after the show and have fun down there. No point in staying downtown, and paying out the a$$ for rooms and parking if we can have all the fun and crawl back to the suburbs after the fun is over.

yeah cool cool i jsut threw that out as a sujestion trying to make the city wanters happy but im happy in the burbs and if we can get a starwood propertys like westin sheraton or one of those or marriote propertsy well then i can get points for the room so that works for me iehter way just not tryign to do the chicago prices i know i think the lease i ever spent on a room there was like 120 a nite near ohare and then 48 a nite for parking i think

hueterm
01-03-11, 01:13 AM
If the room is booked through Priceline, you won't be able to get your points.

ThumperPup
01-03-11, 10:51 AM
If the room is booked through Priceline, you won't be able to get your points.

iv had rooms before threw orbits and hotels.com never priceline
and they never gave me trouble about them
they can pull up what the room rate is and all

plus i think because dad is platinum at Mariott and i am Gold a Starwood shertaon and westin i get big discounts anyways on up to 2 rooms per nite
so i may just wait and see where you get the rooms at and then go and book it myself even if it cost 10 dollars more a nite im ok with that caause i would rather pay and make sure i get my points and stay status and all
plus if its at a mariott propertys i get upgraded to club level garantee on every stay if its open at that time so i can take yall up there lol
free food and free booze at some of them

thebigjimsho
01-04-11, 01:44 AM
ewe can hang out with me downtown :squid:
http://www.nataliedee.com/102808/yeah-whack-the-hell-outta-some-stuff.jpg

Jesda
01-04-11, 06:06 AM
You can do that with Priceline, but if you bid, you don't get to see the rate. That's the gamble.

iv had rooms before threw orbits and hotels.com never priceline
and they never gave me trouble about them
they can pull up what the room rate is and all

ThumperPup
01-04-11, 10:13 AM
You can do that with Priceline, but if you bid, you don't get to see the rate. That's the gamble.

if i can get my points with price line then cool then count me in on that jesda
but hey i think you replied to that PM i sent you gona go look at it
keep that in mind just let me know

Ranger
01-04-11, 03:50 PM
Does that "Brrr" mean "When Hell freezes over...?"

Brrr means you guys are gonna freeze your asses off in tents in my backyard.

If you guys are considering the burbs, my vote is for the north burbs around O'Hare for what ever it's worth. Lot easier for me and JimmyH to meet up with you for dinner.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-04-11, 04:24 PM
Where did we stay last year? That hotel was clean, modern, big, nicely situated to downtown, and it was easy for everyone to meet us for dinner.

ThumperPup
01-04-11, 05:40 PM
Brrr means you guys are gonna freeze your asses off in tents in my backyard.

If you guys are considering the burbs, my vote is for the north burbs around O'Hare for what ever it's worth. Lot easier for me and JimmyH to meet up with you for dinner.

not sure if i spelling this right but i give it a try hey ranger how far is Shaumsberg did i spell that city right lol from you

Ranger
01-04-11, 11:43 PM
Schaumburg is about 35 minutes depending on where in Schaumburg. Took me 90 minutes to get to where you guys where last year.

hueterm
01-04-11, 11:57 PM
if i can get my points with price line then cool then count me in on that jesda
but hey i think you replied to that PM i sent you gona go look at it
keep that in mind just let me know

Unless Priceline's bid system has changed within the past year, you can't claim Marriott Rewards, or Hilton Honors, or any of the points programs.

You're getting the room for half or whatever off of what the hotel normally charges -- in exchange, they don't issue points for those stays.

Jesda
01-04-11, 11:57 PM
Where did we stay last year? That hotel was clean, modern, big, nicely situated to downtown, and it was easy for everyone to meet us for dinner.

If that was back on 2/6/10, it was Doubletree in Oak Brook. Bidding got it for $38 plus $12 tax, 3.5 star rating.

Oak Brook - Downer's Grove
1909 Spring Road
Oak Brook, Illinois 60523

It was right at the junction of 290, 294, and 88. Really easy access to the city.

hueterm
01-04-11, 11:58 PM
As long as I can make it to Suzette's Creperie in Wheaton on Sunday morning, I really don't care where the hotel is.......OMG that was so good.... I'm going to hold the place up just so I can steal all of their pretzel rolls....

EDIT...well scratch that...they don't open until 11AM on Sunday....will have to go for lunch on Friday when I get to town....

ThumperPup
01-05-11, 01:05 AM
well i guess then i dont know cause i know that with orbits and hotels.com and expidia i can get my points as long as the room is in my name i just show my card when i check in they are able to see on there end what i paid for the room and still give me my poitns but not sure never tried with pricelinee

ThumperPup
01-05-11, 01:07 AM
If that was back on 2/6/10, it was Doubletree in Oak Brook. Bidding got it for $38 plus $12 tax, 3.5 star rating.

Oak Brook - Downer's Grove
1909 Spring Road
Oak Brook, Illinois 60523

It was right at the junction of 290, 294, and 88. Really easy access to the city.

wow for some reason when i was thinking about going i didnt even think it was that cheap i thout it was like 50 a nite plus taxes maybe i was worng

ThumperPup
01-05-11, 01:09 AM
hey jesda what ever you do try and bids on sometjhing with a indoor pool or hot tub
lol

i know this sounds crazy but i always had things agians hotels that didnt have some way to relax lol other then a bed

hueterm
01-05-11, 01:13 AM
well i guess then i dont know cause i know that with orbits and hotels.com and expidia i can get my points as long as the room is in my name i just show my card when i check in they are able to see on there end what i paid for the room and still give me my poitns but not sure never tried with pricelinee

Orbitz, Hotels, and Expedia are booking sites. Priceline will also do this as well. This is just like calling the hotel or booking it on the hotel website. This is NOT what Jesda did.

What Jesda DID DO on Priceline is what Priceline started out as -- a BIDDING site. You put down the area, the dates, the class of hotel, and the price you're willing to pay. If Priceline has a hotel that will accept the offer, you are billed in advance, and non-refundable, and only then are you told what hotel you "won". Since the rooms are so cheap, the hotels don't give you points.

ThumperPup
01-05-11, 01:25 AM
Orbitz, Hotels, and Expedia are booking sites. Priceline will also do this as well. This is just like calling the hotel or booking it on the hotel website. This is NOT what Jesda did.

What Jesda DID DO on Priceline is what Priceline started out as -- a BIDDING site. You put down the area, the dates, the class of hotel, and the price you're willing to pay. If Priceline has a hotel that will accept the offer, you are billed in advance, and non-refundable, and only then are you told what hotel you "won". Since the rooms are so cheap, the hotels don't give you points.

ah kk now i got it cool cool
to bad this meet isnt in Detroit Lol i can get the marriott in southfield rooms for 30 a nite lol since i know the owner of that proeprty
but darn to bad it sliek 300 miles away lol or is it only 200 oh well darn lol

i just no that if the hotel has a hot tub or jacuzzi ill be happy

ThumperPup
01-05-11, 01:26 AM

to bad this meet isnt in Detroit Lol i can get the marriott in southfield rooms for 30 a nite lol since i know the owner of that proeprty

GizmoQ
01-05-11, 01:57 AM

Believe me, you won't get to the jacuzzi/hot tub. We tour all day and party all nite. Sleep is overrated. And when all else closes, BYOB to GDWriter's room and we'll still be partying.

hueterm
01-05-11, 02:09 AM
I thought he was passed out drunk on martinis...who let you in?

GizmoQ
01-05-11, 02:15 AM
I thought he was passed out drunk on martinis...who let you in?

Mixing up a fresh batch of Sorbettos. I celebrate New Years for a week!http://www.myemoticons.com/images/hobbies-leisure/eating-drinking/cheers.gif

The last party will be this weekend with the Midwest XLR Group. And me without mine. Guess I'll just have to BLOW them away with the Eldo.

Jesda
01-05-11, 03:42 AM
Hot tubs weird me out. Bathing with other people... soaking in their juices...

When I was in Detroit in February last year I did actually stay at the Southfield Mariott mentioned above. Spent two nights.

ThumperPup
01-05-11, 10:57 AM
Hot tubs weird me out. Bathing with other people... soaking in their juices...

When I was in Detroit in February last year I did actually stay at the Southfield Mariott mentioned above. Spent two nights.

was it during the week or on the weekend
if it was during the week when you go hit me up can put the room under my name with you second guest in the room so you can chekc in no need for me to be there i get you free upgrade to club level guranteed

and on weekend free breakfast int he reswturant

i like it there one of my favorit hotels in Mi my next favroit is the JW Marriotte in Grand Rapids then the Henry in Detoryt wich used to be the ritz

ThumperPup
01-05-11, 10:58 AM
so out of all who are going howm any are flying in and how many are driving
just curiosue to see how many caddys we will have togehtere at one time
to bad we cant get like 20 of us driving
i always liked seing road trains of one specific car driving down the highway

Lord Cadillac
01-05-11, 12:24 PM
I'll be flying in. And since I'm so lazy, which weekend is it?

ThumperPup
01-05-11, 01:30 PM
yo come on drive that escalade up from florida it couldnt cost mouch do do that with these gas prices and an suv lol

but seriosuly um its the 3rd weekend of the month i think

thebigjimsho
01-05-11, 03:25 PM
Give PFC his own hotel story thread. Holy crap!

ThumperPup
01-05-11, 04:04 PM
Give PFC his own hotel story thread. Holy crap!

hey so shoot me im a post whore this week lol

Ranger
01-05-11, 04:24 PM
PFC :histeric: Being an old mud soldier I should have picked up on that a long time ago.

ThumperPup
01-05-11, 04:32 PM
PFC :histeric: Being an old mud soldier I should have picked up on that a long time ago.

hey i got a few intiials to throw around also yall know lol

but if i could change my name here i would actualy yall can see my real nick name that my friends have knwon me by when you see my licnense plate next month

but i dont get it this has to be one of the only forums i am on that cant change a name

Jesda
01-05-11, 07:03 PM
Thread title updated with date.

ThumperPup
01-05-11, 07:46 PM
Thread title updated with date.

so we gota start a list here
ok ill be

first

1. PFC from what you have now nick named me LOL
Jesda ill Email you with real name info for hotel and all let me know when needed k

ThumperPup
01-07-11, 08:23 PM
looks like im going to have to strach chicago next month for the meet
Consider that most of my money for that trip i just spent on the Wheel Bearing to be reaplced lol this car is demonized im gona get a rabbi and a priest to bless it i think lol

GizmoQ
01-07-11, 09:07 PM
looks like im going to have to strach chicago next month for the meet
Consider that most of my money for that trip i just spent on the Wheel Bearing to be reaplced lol this car is demonized im gona get a rabbi and a priest to bless it i think lol

Well there goes our second casualty. thebigjimsho is always the first. :hide:

ThumperPup
01-07-11, 09:57 PM

this just sucks if it was spring or Summer even erly fall i would have said the hell with fixing the car and come because who needs ABS SYS and TC when its dry out lol
but i needed it for winter and well
got it doen with a timken at a national store NTB Tire Kingdom they charged me about 80 more then it would have cost me to go to a small time local shop but you know id rather go nationwide shops if i can and if i have the cash since i drive so mouch all over the place
but 320 out the door so there goes that

GizmoQ
01-08-11, 12:50 AM
this just sucks if it was spring or Summer even erly fall i would have said the hell with fixing the car and come because who needs ABS SYS and TC when its dry out lol
but i needed it for winter and well
got it doen with a timken at a national store NTB Tire Kingdom they charged me about 80 more then it would have cost me to go to a small time local shop but you know id rather go nationwide shops if i can and if i have the cash since i drive so mouch all over the place
but 320 out the door so there goes that

Why didn't ya buy the parts from RockAuto or GMPartsDirect and install them yourself. That's what I did three years ago - dirt cheap. Guess your not a wrenchturner.

ThumperPup
01-08-11, 02:02 AM
Why didn't ya buy the parts from RockAuto or GMPartsDirect and install them yourself. That's what I did three years ago - dirt cheap. Guess your not a wrenchturner.

nope im not and id rather pick up parts from my localse store but i didnt get these the shop got it if its soethign i cant do myself i usualy just find someone on CL to do the work and i get the parts
but this time id rather have a warranty shit goes wrong i takeit back and fix it because this is the second bearing on that same wheel in 11 months only reason i cant take it anywhere is because i bought the cheap store brand and then foudn soemoen on CL to do it for 60 bucks to put it on thout id save a bit but nope didnt work that way

Jesda
01-08-11, 12:01 PM

I have to give him credit for being consistent.

CONSISTENTLY LAME. :D

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-08-11, 10:33 PM
Bazinga.

03cts86monte
01-09-11, 02:24 PM
Always go to the auto show, Would love to drive the CTS and meet up with some more members. We should find a place close by to all meet up and eat or take some pics.

Any Suggestions?

thebigjimsho
01-09-11, 05:37 PM
thebigjimsho is always the first. :hide:
Untrue. I underpromise and overdeliver...

RightTurn
01-09-11, 06:22 PM
So say we all. :coffee:

thebigjimsho
01-09-11, 09:37 PM
So say we all. :coffee:
So do I all...

wait, wut?

hueterm
01-09-11, 09:48 PM
Well, we know you manstew...

JimmyH
01-10-11, 03:35 PM
How did I miss all these threads. Of course I am in.

BeagleBrains
01-29-11, 07:42 PM
My wife, I and our Cadi' Salesman will attend the Chicago Auto Show on Sunday and Monday Feb. 13-14. We have only missed a couple of the last 30 years. My wife tours Water Tower Place on Michigan Avenue while I look at cars.
For those of you unfamiliar with McCormick Place, most address references are not listed correctly.
Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
2233 South Martin L. King Drive,
Chicago, Illinois, USA 60616-9985
http://mccormickplace.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

hueterm
01-29-11, 09:36 PM
Jesda, how does the Priceline work? You pay and we pay you? When are you doing this? We better not end up in a hellhole...

ThumperPup
01-30-11, 12:08 AM
I think Jesda was planning on booking yall in the Corner Inn getting yall the Elvis room lol

naw from what i hear he gets good rooms from priceline wish i could go shoot
i might be able to pull it off if i find you guys got a hotel that i have points for and can use free nights then perhaps i might be able to pull the gas tolls and food money off

hueterm
01-30-11, 01:23 AM
Yeah, I know -- I'm just giving him trouble.

ThumperPup
01-30-11, 02:30 AM
but no i think seriously he was planning on going str8 to the Microtell ins website and booking there LOL

Jesda
01-30-11, 02:39 AM
Yeah basically as soon as we're clear on how many rooms we're booking, I'll bid and pay and then you guys Paypal me back.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-30-11, 11:14 AM
Oh shoot, I just paypal'd some prince from Nigeria all my money.

96Fleetwood
01-30-11, 11:49 AM
Make sure you check out:

http://biddingfortravel.yuku.com/

It is almost 90% accurate as to which priceline hotel you will get (per star rating and price).

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-30-11, 12:31 PM
Elias, when did you get that Denali?

JimmyH
01-30-11, 01:29 PM
My wife, I and our Cadi' Salesman will attend the Chicago Auto Show on Sunday and Monday Feb. 13-14. We have only missed a couple of the last 30 years. My wife tours Water Tower Place on Michigan Avenue while I look at cars.
For those of you unfamiliar with McCormick Place, most address references are not listed correctly.
Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
2233 South Martin L. King Drive,
Chicago, Illinois, USA 60616-9985
http://mccormickplace.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

It's so well marked, you really don't need gps or anything. Just take 94 or 55 in and follow the signs. They guide you right into the parking garage.

thebigjimsho
01-31-11, 01:02 PM
It's so well marked, you really don't need gps or anything. Just take 94 or 55 in and follow the signs. They guide you right into the parking garage.
...right into their greedy little mitts...

JimmyH
01-31-11, 05:24 PM
I don't know. $11 seems cheap to me by today's standards. You just have to make sure you don't eat down there.

hueterm
01-31-11, 05:27 PM
I think he meant for parking...which is like $40, I think...

JimmyH
01-31-11, 05:36 PM
No. When we went last year it was less than $20. Maybe $10 or $15 or something like that. Most of the garages scattered around the loop are $25 for three hours, or whatever. But McMormick is not. At least not last year anyway.

Jesda
02-01-11, 10:15 PM
Yeah thats unusually cheap parking, and it comes with a free bus to take you to and from the lot.

Jesda
02-01-11, 10:19 PM
Make sure you check out:

http://biddingfortravel.yuku.com/

It is almost 90% accurate as to which priceline hotel you will get (per star rating and price).

Nice! Looks like this year should be pleasingly cheap.

Another site I like to use:
http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showforum=87&

thebigjimsho
02-02-11, 12:48 AM
Pleasingly?

Jesda
02-02-11, 05:36 AM
Pleasingly?

Comes with happy endings.

Lord Cadillac
02-10-11, 10:23 PM
Danielle is making Cadillac Owners shirts for anyone going to the show/meet who wants one. Free of charge.. If you want one, PM me with your size.

Thank you!

thebigjimsho
02-10-11, 11:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ypHfRbU16k

hueterm
02-11-11, 12:16 AM
That is 3:4:kick:3 of my life I won't get back...

thebigjimsho
02-11-11, 12:53 AM
3:43

JimmyH
02-13-11, 07:07 PM
You guise are in luck. Looks like the warmer weather will be sticking around into next weekend.

thebigjimsho
02-13-11, 07:17 PM
Should be good weather in Boston but snow on Monday so if that moves up, I may need to leave early...

96Fleetwood
02-14-11, 07:57 PM
You are all in for a treat. I went last night... Cadillac display was one of the best at the show. Have fun!

hueterm
02-14-11, 09:48 PM
Should be good weather in Boston but snow on Monday so if that moves up, I may need to leave early...

Biotch, no you're not. You're staying.

thebigjimsho
02-14-11, 10:25 PM
Biotch, no you're not. You're staying.
I've got a client on Monday needing to be picked up in VT, brought to Boston, and then back to VT. It is an uber-sweet job that I shan't miss. I ain't losing almost 2 days worth of pay to stay a few extra hours on Sunday, Mr...

hueterm
02-14-11, 10:29 PM
Oh, OK...I thought you were just afraid of a little snow...

thebigjimsho
02-14-11, 10:41 PM
Oh, OK...I thought you were just afraid of a little snow...
Born and raised in Mass. Nope.

Lord Cadillac
02-16-11, 02:55 PM
Just an FYI, but I'm leaving for Chicago at 6am tomorrow morning. So I'll be there Thursday night if anybody brings a hot woman and wants to get in on some orgy action.

JimmyH
02-16-11, 02:57 PM
I don't know about the orgy (I wouldn't know what to do anymore) but gimme a call Thursday and we get drinks/dinner or something.

Lord Cadillac
02-16-11, 03:00 PM
Sounds good, Jimmy.. If I forget, please call me. I'm always running around like a chicken without a head and get lost in my thoughts of suicide. :p Damn you on the orgy.

JimmyH
02-16-11, 03:17 PM
Ah, you suicidal administrators....Is that what really happened to Urb?

JimmyH
02-16-11, 03:41 PM
speaking of hot women, is Danielle going to be with you tomorrow, or is she coming in later?

Ranger
02-16-11, 03:42 PM
Hey Jimmy and Sal, count me in. When & where? Jimmy has my number.

JimmyH
02-16-11, 03:43 PM
i will be sure to call you if/when we figure something out.

Ranger
02-16-11, 03:46 PM
Great Jim. Just give me some lead time if you can.

Lord Cadillac
02-16-11, 05:20 PM
Ah, you suicidal administrators....Is that what really happened to Urb?

Sorry to say, ye - no! Just kidding. :p

speaking of hot women, is Danielle going to be with you tomorrow, or is she coming in later?

Hah! Yes, she'll be with me tomorrow. :p

Hey Jimmy and Sal, count me in. When & where? Jimmy has my number.

Cool! I sent an email to Danielle about dinner tomorrow night. Yes, I know - I email my own wife. I know I won't remember later.. So anyway - I'm not sure if she already made plans or not - but I don't think she did. So I'll know later whether or not I'll be doing dinner.. I'm about 90% sure nothing is going on - so we'll most likely be getting together for dinner. :)

JimmyH
02-16-11, 05:44 PM
Either way is fine. If you guys want some alone time, that's cool. Considering you don't have kids, I would think you get enough alone time at home though :D I will see if Michelle can dump our two maniacs off somewhere (a bar or racetrack or something) and join us.

thebigjimsho
02-16-11, 08:06 PM
Just an FYI, but I'm leaving for Chicago at 6am tomorrow morning. So I'll be there Thursday night if anybody brings a hot woman and wants to get in on some orgy action.
Let me get out those business cards...

gary88
02-17-11, 05:36 PM
Sal where are you staying downtown?

JimmyH
02-17-11, 06:05 PM
he is at the intercontinental

ga_etc
02-17-11, 09:56 PM
He's too good to stay with the rest of us in the suburbs. lol.

thebigjimsho
02-17-11, 10:42 PM
he is at the intercontinental
damn. sounds nice...

Lord Cadillac
02-17-11, 11:13 PM
I work on some high-end travel company websites so I have an IATA card - which technically makes me a travel agent. I get 50% off at the Inter-Continental.. Danielle has never been here before - so she wanted to see the city.. That and I work during the day on Thursday and Friday - so she'd be stuck in here with me in the hotel room unable to talk to me while I worked (on the phone a lot) - which would pretty much suck. So since we're in the city, she can explore and keep herself occupied while I'm working..

When is everyone going to the auto show? Where is everybody meeting up?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-18-11, 12:56 AM
Not 100% sure on what exact time and place we're meeting up, but we're heading to the show late morning/early afternoon on Saturday. You still have my cell # right? If not, PM me and I can get it to you.

hueterm
02-18-11, 02:32 AM
He's too good to stay with the rest of us in the suburbs. lol.

LOL, dude, he's also sharing his room with his lovely wife...instead of, well...Josiah... (No offense to Josiah, but you know what I mean...)

There is so much more to do Downtown than in the 'burbs, especially if you're coming in a day early...you don't need a car...I'd be down there too...

And there's always the added benefit of making TBJS (who wanted to stay Downtown) jealous :-)

hueterm
02-18-11, 02:43 AM
OH...and Pretty Sharp Rental DTS is Pretty Sharp...for a rental.

Roof, XM, floor shifter, heated/cooled seats, Nav WITHOUT a map disc...damn cheap Hertz wanting to push their Neverlost on you. The Galaxy TAB nav is better anyway, as is a Garmin...

Photos, Review and comparisons to 1995 Concours will be made over the weekend.

Their STSs were gone...I got the last DTS...almost ended up in a TC. (Would have been kinda pissed and probably would have upgraded to a 'Lade...)

gary88
02-18-11, 09:45 AM
Sal you want to meet up later tonight for a drink?

thebigjimsho
02-18-11, 10:43 AM
On my way to Logan via bus. And it's warm today. I have seen more than a few short skirts on this trip in. Truck driving suddenly seems like a worthwhile career...

gdwriter
02-18-11, 11:46 AM
Erin had her first patient at 8 this morning, so she dropped me off at PDX at 7:30, and my flight to ORD leaves at 10. So I'm having my usual trip breakfast of Eggs Benedict and will relax with the free WiFi at PDX for a couple of hours.

Heard on the radio this morning that Obama is coming to Portland today for a quick visit and Air Force One is supposed to land at 10. I hope I get to see it.

gdwriter
02-18-11, 11:52 AM
Mike did you drop off Beretta and the Grapes-of-Wrath-mobile -- um Roadmaster-- at your Dad's in St. Louis, then rent the DTS for the drive to Chicago?

Lord Cadillac
02-18-11, 12:00 PM
Not 100% sure on what exact time and place we're meeting up, but we're heading to the show late morning/early afternoon on Saturday. You still have my cell # right? If not, PM me and I can get it to you.

Why don't we all meet up downtown for breakfast or lunch?

Sal you want to meet up later tonight for a drink?

I THINK I have plans for tonight.. I'm not sure..

JimmyH
02-18-11, 12:16 PM
There is so much more to do Downtown than in the 'burbs,

I contest that. I have been here my whole life. And with the exception of the chicago auto show, the suburbs have everything the city has, and more. The only difference is, out in the suburbs, everything is half the price. There are more five star restaurants in the suburbs than the city. The hotels in the burbs blow away what you can get in the city (at half the price btw) simply because the hotels downtown are about 1200 years old. Srsly. I stayed at the Hilton downtown and I thought I was in a cabin on the Titanic.

And not for nothing Sal, but I hope Danielle is not shopping too much down there. A dollar in the city is worth $.50 out here.

MacMuse
02-18-11, 12:32 PM
Dinner reservations for tonight (Friday) are at 8:15 at Wildfire in Schaumburg. We'll probably hang out at the hotel where most folks are staying prior to dinner. Sal & Danielle are included in the reservation count.

gdwriter
02-18-11, 12:39 PM
Dinner reservations for tonight (Friday) are at 8:15 at Wildfire in Schaumburg. We'll probably hang out at the hotel where most folks are staying prior to dinner. Sal & Danielle are included in the reservation count.Todd, JD's Dad and sister will be joining us for dinner as well.

Lord Cadillac
02-18-11, 02:21 PM
Yes, I do expect to be there this evening..

Dinner reservations for tonight (Friday) are at 8:15 at Wildfire in Schaumburg. We'll probably hang out at the hotel where most folks are staying prior to dinner. Sal & Danielle are included in the reservation count.

I gave her a dollar and told her to make the best of it.. :p

I contest that. I have been here my whole life. And with the exception of the chicago auto show, the suburbs have everything the city has, and more. The only difference is, out in the suburbs, everything is half the price. There are more five star restaurants in the suburbs than the city. The hotels in the burbs blow away what you can get in the city (at half the price btw) simply because the hotels downtown are about 1200 years old. Srsly. I stayed at the Hilton downtown and I thought I was in a cabin on the Titanic.

And not for nothing Sal, but I hope Danielle is not shopping too much down there. A dollar in the city is worth $.50 out here.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-18-11, 03:22 PM
I'm in North Illinois now. Getting gas. Should be at hotel by 2:30ish.

JimmyH
02-18-11, 03:42 PM
I'm getting the camaro washed so Gary does not have to ride in filth. I am currently in a line about 20 deep. When I should be working :D

MacMuse
02-18-11, 04:45 PM
I'm getting the camaro washed so Gary does not have to ride in filth. I am currently in a line about 20 deep. When I should be working :D

Delta Sonic? I was in that line at lunch. I'm all set, garbage cleaned out, carpets vacuumed, ABBA loaded on the iPhone (just in case).

MacMuse
02-18-11, 05:03 PM
Todd, JD's Dad and sister will be joining us for dinner as well.

Holy psychic hotline! The restaurant just called to confirm, and I bumped us to 15. We should be good. I also confirmed we want to order from the regular menu - I guess we might actually have our own room after all.

Yep, that Martini Flight is definitely on my appetizer list tonight.

Jesda
02-18-11, 05:16 PM
Called my brother last night and told him to pre-pack and be on time. He's now 45 minutes late. Its now 3:15p and it takes 5.5 hours to get to Schaumburg. If Im not at dinner dont wait up for me.

*steam*

JimmyH
02-18-11, 05:24 PM
It was the Jupiter car wash in Schiller Park. And I was there an hour :mad:

JimmyH
02-18-11, 05:26 PM
Called my brother last night and told him to pre-pack and be on time. He's now 45 minutes late. Its now 3:15p and it takes 5.5 hours to get to Schaumburg. If Im not at dinner dont wait up for me.

*steam*

look at the bright side, by the time you hit 294, traffic should be cleared out. Somewhat.

Ranger
02-18-11, 05:36 PM
It was the Jupiter car wash in Schiller Park. And I was there an hour :mad:

Too long Jimmy. Just did mine for $2.00 (5 minutes). High pressure spray and it will look good enough in the dark and be dirty again on Monday.

Jesda
02-18-11, 05:38 PM
Now its 3:40.

*rage*

Jesda
02-18-11, 05:38 PM
Now its 3:40.

*rage*

MacMuse
02-18-11, 05:42 PM
The Delta Sonic line was 3-wide into the turn and 7 deep. Still made it through in 15 minutes. Then the fun drive back to the office trying to avoid the water fillled potholes.

gdwriter
02-18-11, 05:44 PM
Just landed. I'll call you when I'm off the plane Jimmy. Thanks for getting the Camaro washed. Now I know to look for a blue one. :lol:

JimmyH
02-18-11, 06:06 PM
Too long Jimmy. Just did mine for $2.00 (5 minutes). High pressure spray and it will look good enough in the dark and be dirty again on Monday.

I did it for you guys. otherwise after 20 minutes I would told them to pull my car out of line and give me my money back.

JimmyH
02-18-11, 06:09 PM
so i went to alaska airlines website and it said you landed at 3:45. i went back to check and it changed to 3:56. must be sarah palins fault.
gotta go, you are calling me now.

Ranger
02-19-11, 03:35 AM
Just got back from dinner with the gang (Jimmy and Mrs. H, Lord and Lordess Cadillac, Gizmo, gdwriter, heuterm, TBJS, Jesda and bro (late as usual), MacMuse, JD's father and sister, :hmm: I know I'm forgetting someone). First time I met Mike (Heuterm) and Jim (TBJS), two nice gentlemen that I'm happy to add to my acquaintances. Not to forget the lovely Lordess Cadillac (she makes Sal look good as does Michell to Jimmy). Gary was still upright and hadn't fallen off any stools ..........yet. After dinner Marvin pulled his XLR-V around and popped the hood so everyone could drool, then one by one everyone took it for a spin around the parking lot much like an amusement ride. A great time was had by all and I'm sure more is coming tomorrow (sorry I'll miss that). It was nice to see old friends and make some new ones. Hope to meet more of you next time.

JimmyH
02-20-11, 01:51 AM
^I'll second that. Save for the fact I will look forward to seeing the XLR-V after it's tuned :drool: and the fact that not even Michelle can make me look good. I am a lost cause.

JimmyH
02-20-11, 01:58 AM
Also, my personal highlights from the auto show:

ZL1. nuff said.

I have done a 180 on the CTS coupe. Just a few months ago, hated it. After seeing a couple V coupes in person, and drooling over the black diamond at the show, the V coupe is pure sex.

But I have to give my top nods, and I really hate to admit this, to the new Elantra. I have never seen anyone else make such a cheap looking car also look so desirable. Gotta give props to Hyundai.

Biggest jeers (for me anyway) goes to the Regal GS (if it's true) with their decision to ditch AWD in favor of front drive. That's too much engine for the front wheels alone. Runner up to the Acadia Denali. Common guys. You juiced the looks very nicely. But you should have given it a shot in the engine bay as well.

Stingroo
02-20-11, 02:08 AM
Too much horsepower for FWD? Isn't it the same turbo 4 from the Cobalt SS?

JimmyH
02-20-11, 02:12 AM
no. The GS gets alot more than the standard Turbo Regal. I think somewhere in the 270-280 range.

besides, the Cobalt SS is a torque-steering monster.

Stingroo
02-20-11, 02:27 AM
True. Those had 260hp IIRC.

JimmyH
02-20-11, 02:30 AM
that much? I thought they were in the 240 range. I confess to never taking more than a cursory glance at them.
I think, I think, the regular turbo Regal is in the 220-230 range. FWD should be sufficient for that one. Not the GS though. Not if they want to play with BMW and Audi.

Jesda
02-20-11, 03:54 AM
I'm impressed with the new Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep products. Audi R8 Spyder was the show stopper for me, with an honorable going to the Jaguar XK convertible.

thebigjimsho
02-20-11, 04:29 PM
Nothing is ever really a showstopper for me. I love my V. And while it's not the fastest thing in the world, it's enough for me. But things that excited me were the 300 and the Equus. I think GM continues to make better and better looking products. Buick, GMC, Chevy and Cadillac makes great cars with positive revisions.

The Jaguar XJL has been getting a rep as being low quality. While I love the look(in black only), it did seem like things were a little fragile inside.

For the price of an exotic, it should win you over immediately. But I also really like the Audi A8L, too...

GizmoQ
02-20-11, 09:24 PM
Interesting Auto Show. I'm with Jim on there being no real show-stoppers. And there were very fewer concept cars this year. I really liked the Audi V10 Convertible and the Camaro ZL1, but would never actually buy either. Cadillac unveiled the new and improved Black Diamond paint technology on a CTS Coupe that looked amazing!

It was good to see old friends again, and make some new ones. Props to MacMuse for taking the lead on getting us reservations for dinner on Friday (The Martinis were superb!). Thanks to Danielle for the forum T-Shirts. Kudos to Michelle for picking an authentic Chicago-style diner for dinner on Saturday. Another fun filled trip.

thebigjimsho
02-20-11, 10:07 PM
Yes, not enough kudos to MacMuse for setting up dinner and then staying late even though he had to get up early for his kids and a college trip...

Jesda
02-20-11, 11:25 PM
That table was long! Sorry I didn't get to catch up with Todd and the rest of you on the other side!

thebigjimsho
02-20-11, 11:27 PM
You were too busy on your end looking pretty...

Ranger
02-20-11, 11:50 PM
Yes, not enough kudos to MacMuse for setting up dinner and then staying late even though he had to get up early for his kids and a college trip...
Yup. :worship:

Where did you guys end up for dinner Saturday?

Jesda
02-20-11, 11:55 PM
Jim: u mad cause im stylin

Larry: Leona's in Oak Brook

JimmyH
02-21-11, 07:00 PM
Interesting Auto Show. I'm with Jim on there being no real show-stoppers. And there were very fewer concept cars this year. I really liked the Audi V10 Convertible and the Camaro ZL1, but would never actually buy either. Cadillac unveiled the new and improved Black Diamond paint technology on a CTS Coupe that looked amazing!

It was good to see old friends again, and make some new ones. Props to MacMuse for taking the lead on getting us reservations for dinner on Friday (The Martinis were superb!). Thanks to Danielle for the forum T-Shirts. Kudos to Michelle for picking an authentic Chicago-style diner for dinner on Saturday. Another fun filled trip.

bite your words on that ZL1. But yes, the black diamond V coupe made me want to c...well, you know.

Credit for saturday's dinner goes to JD's aunt, btw. I just take credit for talking her into Oak Park so we did not all have to pay $30/hr for parking.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-21-11, 07:02 PM
bite your words on that ZL1. But yes, the black diamond V coupe made me want to c...well, you know.

....atch a bus to the nearest caddy dealer to place your order for one?

JimmyH
02-21-11, 07:02 PM
oh yeah, Michelle was asking me whey there were no concept cars. Apparently, seeing concept cars is the main reason she wanted to go. I only noticed one, in Hyundai. I can understand though. These days, manufacturers are putting their development money into stuff that will actually make it to market.

JimmyH
02-21-11, 07:03 PM
....atch a bus to the nearest caddy dealer to place your order for one?

as soon as Michelle gets her lazy azz back to work...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-21-11, 07:15 PM
I can really see myself picking up an Equus in the future. Great looks, good performance (for it's class) and a nameplate that'll surely make for a horrible depreciation. It's like owning an S-Class without the headaches!

JimmyH
02-21-11, 07:31 PM
:true:

JimmyH
02-21-11, 07:31 PM
funny. horrible depreciation is the only reason I owned so many Cadillacs :lol:

thebigjimsho
02-21-11, 08:21 PM
Wish I could say the same...

JimmyH
02-21-11, 08:40 PM
If you keep your V forever, like you should (like I should have) depreciation is a non-issue. I wonder how long before used V coupes get to $35-40k...

GizmoQ
02-21-11, 08:47 PM

That's the only way I could afford the XLR, for sure!

JimmyH
02-21-11, 09:30 PM
$110k down $30k. Sucks to be the first owner.