: Wipers - Contact with windshield is poor

ScoreBo
12-09-10, 10:51 AM
Hello,

I have been plagued with this issue since I bought the truck a few years ago. Before anyone asks, yes the wipers are new (Bosch Icons - the ONLY ones that seem to work for the most part).

I seem to be having a hard time getting the wiper to make contact with the windshield enough at eye level on the driver side. This is all year, but is really bad in the winter. I have been on the fence with replacing the arms, as I can't think of anything else it could be. I am thinking weak spring...

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated before I just throw money at it.

John

bizzob223
12-09-10, 11:00 AM
The only other thing I could possibly think of changing would be the actual wiper arm that the blade attaches to. I wonder if the arm may have gotten bent somewhere along the way. Also is it really streaky on the drivers side? Maybe try a really good cleaning also may help.

Bob

ScoreBo
12-09-10, 11:03 AM
Bob, it is streaky in the winter (really bad) and not usually in the warmer months.

pmartell12
12-09-10, 08:42 PM
i would try to use some glass stripper, then a coat of rain X ... also , you could bend the wiper arms... yup, just grab the base and give the "wiper half" a little tweak towards the glass.
it's worked for me before

ScoreBo
12-10-10, 11:09 AM
i would try to use some glass stripper, then a coat of rain X ... also , you could bend the wiper arms... yup, just grab the base and give the "wiper half" a little tweak towards the glass.
it's worked for me before

I will give that a try. Thank you!

MattC04
12-11-10, 06:49 PM
PIAA blades