: Homelink

75sled
12-09-10, 09:54 AM
Does anyone know which year and make/models had the homelink system for rolling codes.
Mine has a homelink transmitter, but it won't work with rolling codes. I am close to a junk yard and would like to go look for one at lunch.

Bro-Ham
12-09-10, 10:34 AM
Look on ebay, there are all kinds of them and you can probably figure out which one will work for you.

75sled
12-09-10, 10:38 AM
Yeah I see them out there. I appreciate that. And I am pretty sure the ones with the amber light instead of the red light are the ones I am looking for.
But if I can find one at the JY I can get it today and for just about nothing. I was just wanting to make sure I checked all makes and models that would possible have the one with the amber light.

75sled
12-09-10, 01:04 PM
Well I went to the Pull-a-Part and found one with the amber LED. I have installed it in my car and I will test it when I get home.
Is my thinking correct when I assume that you simply unplug the one module, and plug the other one in? I mean, there isn't something behind the overhead console that I have to exchange also is there?

thefleetwoodguy
12-09-10, 02:04 PM
amber light for rolling codes

75sled
12-09-10, 02:06 PM
So just plug it in and it works?

thefleetwoodguy
12-09-10, 02:42 PM
c'mon Mike you know its never that easy! lol

I found the best way is to follow the instructions
for your door opener, there is a "learn" button on the overhead unit
if you dont have the instructions, just google the make and model
of the door opener, it will tell you how to program "other transmitters"
you can program up to 3 doors/gates, if you follow the homelink
instructions you may or may not have success , in my case it
was only after I did the learn process that it worked
most cadillac models from 96 on had the amber lights although at some point the housing changed, they can be a bit difficult to remove there is a plastic tab
that locks it in place , so you have to really pull on it

75sled
12-13-10, 09:58 AM
What I meant by that was, would the device work with what was already behind the scenes in my car. The controller I took out only had two contacts on the connection tab. The "new" one had three. But I answered it myself. It worked like a charm. Now I don't have that ugly remote unit hanging from my visor. In other words, now I have it "Cadillac Style".