: Broke hose

cadillaceldo93
12-09-10, 02:33 AM
I broke this hose the other night while changing my spark plugs and wires. I don't know what the hose is. It goes from the throttle body to the engine. I circled the hose in red and made a yellow line where i broke the hose. It seems like air is what goes through the hose when i put my finger on the hose the engine dies. what is this hose so i can replace it? what would be some symptoms of this hose being broke?
all help is appreciated
thanks!

the recluse
12-09-10, 07:11 PM
I broke this hose the other night while changing my spark plugs and wires. I don't know what the hose is. It goes from the throttle body to the engine. I circled the hose in red and made a yellow line where i broke the hose. It seems like air is what goes through the hose when i put my finger on the hose the engine dies. what is this hose so i can replace it? what would be some symptoms of this hose being broke?
all help is appreciated
thanks!

It's a vacuum line that goes to your PCV valve. It will be one BIG vacuum leak and the car will run like crap if is not fixed. Cut the line clean and patch it back together with a piece of fuel line.

cadillaceldo93
12-09-10, 11:04 PM
how do i cut it? its a metal hose. like aluminum or something like that i broke it at the plastic ending

quins90lac
12-09-10, 11:28 PM
might have gotten lucky and broke the pvc valve itself

daniel58
12-09-10, 11:29 PM
Just replace the whole thing with fuel line, or you could fabricate a new one from standard steel line.

the recluse
12-09-10, 11:33 PM
You might be able to replace just the PCV valve itself, IIRC it just slides over the aluminum pipe anyway. It is serviceable. I thought you may have pinched the line...

cadillaceldo93
12-10-10, 12:30 AM
thanks for the help i looked up pcv valve and thats exactly what i broke so thats a cheap $3 fix

cadillaceldo93
12-10-10, 12:33 AM
Could this hose being broke cause a P048 trouble code? I've looked up what it means and most people clean the tubes in the throttle body but I looked in the throttle body and cleaned it and it really wasn't dirty?

quins90lac
12-10-10, 01:01 AM
you could run a brush down it and see what you find wouldn't hurt