: Anyone near Fogelsville PA? 1956 Cadillac hearse for auction 12-9

YourMainParadox
12-08-10, 08:55 PM
December 9 2010 at 14:00 hours a 1956 Cadillac S&S 3 way will go on auction at Zettlemoyer Auction House in Fogelsville PA
Near Allentown. Contents of an old closed funeral home will be auctioned off including 2 cars and a bunch of various furniture and caskets. auction website with several pictures of the car is:

http://www.zettauction.com/auctions.

It appears to be a very nice car in the photos but does not run

http://www.auctionzip.com/Full-Image/1003867/fi1.cgi
http://www.auctionzip.com/Full-Image/1003867/fi4.cgi

The-Dullahan
12-08-10, 09:45 PM
Closer to your home, Paradox, there's a '57 in Vero Beach. The owner has been trying to sell it for the better part of the year. The backside was undergoing a limousine conversion though, so...

YourMainParadox
12-08-10, 10:17 PM
this car looks way sexier than I imagine that one does you mentioned :P only thing I dislike about this one is the tail lights.

CADDYDADDY13
12-09-10, 12:22 AM
WOW i am in love! She is a beauty!

The-Dullahan
12-11-10, 12:06 AM
The one in Vero Beach earns points for being black. Cosmetically, it looks great until you're inside of it. As for this one, I actually quite like the flip-up tail lights on these, as gimicky as it seems.

Still a beautiful car, but it can't be anyone I know. It's not black and let's face it, WHO'D LIVE IN ALLENTOWN? (I know it's not Allentown, but it's only two steps to the west of Allentown)

In all honesty, I do know one person who has possibly seen it. A Half-Brother of mine. It's basically right in his backyard if it's that close to Nursury street, as I hear it told, because I think I am familiar with the funeral home, in spite of only visiting the area once in my life. Gotta love that Pikey Hotline. I'll have to ask him about it next time we speak. If he HAS seen it, I shall demand photos by threat of violence, as all good brothers do.

sven914
12-11-10, 01:06 AM
Still a beautiful car, but it can't be anyone I know. It's not black and let's face it, WHO'D LIVE IN ALLENTOWN? (I know it's not Allentown, but it's only two steps to the west of Allentown)

What's wrong with Allentown?! I used to live two steps east; on a street named the Devil's Hole, in a town called Paradise. It's west of Intercourse and Blue Ball and north of Bethlehem.

CADDYDADDY13
12-11-10, 02:08 AM
I placed an absentee bid on the hearse..... unfortunately my $1500 bid did not win. It sold for $16,500.
Apparently the car was parked in 1969 and hasn't moved since. Auctioneer i spoke with said the body was awesome and vinyl top was like brand new. Only prob was the small tears in the front seat. And of course it did not run, as they did not try to start it. But all original! And gorgeous!

Aron9000
12-11-10, 06:37 AM
Man that's a beautiful hearse. Would be a fun restoration project as well IMO, I can turn wrenches but wouldn't have the first clue on doing body work. Looks like the body/paint is real nice.

And maybe Chamus can answer this, but what is up with the chrome strips on the hood??? That's definetly not put on there by Cadillac.

The-Dullahan
12-12-10, 12:46 AM
Hood Caps. That's a semi-common Hearse feature, used today too. I'm not too big of a fan of it, it looked somewhat nice in the fifties, but by the time seventies cars hit the scene, it started looking bad. Looked REALLY bad on the eighties Broughams and on modern cars, with their immaculate marshmallow shapelessness, it's just so WRONG. Currently finding photo of a Brougham with them...

Also, nothing is wrong with Allentown, I quite like the place. It's got that "small Town" feeling, bu I could never imagine living that close to the mountains without being in them. Seriously, you miss out on all the fun like having to find a way out in the snow, because nobody plowed it. Ironic fact, PA has a number of plow services that use Hearses.

The-Dullahan
12-12-10, 12:54 AM
didn't find them on a Brougham, but they were this exact style here. I know I have a number of contacts who have them on their cars, but do not feel like clipping through contacts on other websites...

http://www.richardsclassiccars.com/images/autos/80s/87caddyhearse.jpg

I really never liked these late eighties Devilles...but when they're turned into Hearses they look so...wrong.

Aron9000
12-12-10, 02:04 AM
didn't find them on a Brougham, but they were this exact style here. I know I have a number of contacts who have them on their cars, but do not feel like clipping through contacts on other websites...

http://www.richardsclassiccars.com/images/autos/80s/87caddyhearse.jpg

I really never liked these late eighties Devilles...but when they're turned into Hearses they look so...wrong.

Any FWD Cadillac hearse is sacrilege IMO. The newer hearses based on the current DTS look decent, since that car has a few sharp angles in it. Still can't hold a candle to an old 1996 Fleetwood hearse though, or the boxy 80's Broughams like yours.

The-Dullahan
12-12-10, 01:24 PM
Actually, it's funny. I was never a fan of the mid nineties Fleetwoods EXCEPT as Hearses (Something about the rear end I didn't like) but yeah, they made beautiful cars, the grille on that car just oozes prestige and they actually looked fantastic in a plethora of colours. I did almost buy one once, but realized I didn't really want a nineties car. The FWD Deville ones look so off, because they have no character whatsoever. Look at that hood. It is difficult to believe that THAT came from the 1984 Deville. The hood and Grille are so...flat...

while many mid nineties sedans suffered from that Marshmallow syndrome, I think this car has more of a Used-Bar-Of-Soap look to it.

Anyhow, that is what Hood Caps looked like in the eighties. They looked better on the Broughams, but still...I don't like them.

The-Dullahan
12-12-10, 06:50 PM
How much did it sell for? Anyone know?

YourMainParadox
12-12-10, 07:45 PM
$16,500

The-Dullahan
12-12-10, 10:32 PM
Yeah, that sounds about right. I figure my next car has to be at least 30 years old, so I can get an antique plate my insurance isn't so high, since my Cadillac was $2000 annually.

YourMainParadox
12-12-10, 11:26 PM
yikes get it insured with like hagerty since it is a collectable. does not matter the age

The-Dullahan
12-13-10, 04:51 PM
Well, it has finally gone down and I have some other company called Infinity. Now it's like 650 a year. Geico wanted $4000 for full coverage. No tickets, no violations whatsoever...$4000...because someone vandalized MY car, so I should suffer. Screw that.

YourMainParadox
12-13-10, 06:33 PM
I had a car and motorcycle stolen and one vandalized and my rate was like 800 a year there for full coverage no deductable