: 2010 srx spare storage

grandpa
12-08-10, 04:00 PM
I bought a rim and a donut and would like to store it below the rear floor mat. I have removed the torx screw in the middle of the styrofoam filler and I don"t see any other fasteners. I tried to lift out the filler but it seems to be held in by something. I don't want to break it up if I don't have to. Can any out there help?

brs332
12-13-10, 12:00 PM
Not sure how much help this will be ... I had my spare kit installed by the dealer and they returned the original styrofoam insert to me. I just looked it over and there are no other holes for fasteners or other obvious fasteners other than the screw you already noted. They did snap (broken, not completely off) one of the 'ears' on the front of the insert (closest to the tailgate, passenger side). Other than that it is in one piece. Perhaps it is holding itself in place and one snap will do the trick.

Let me know if you'd like pictures and I can try to do that. (Not via PM tho. Apparently I'm such a noob the forum system doesn't let me use PM. <grin>)

Brian.

ajrohman
12-13-10, 01:14 PM
I think there were a couple of velcro strips holding mine. It was a tight fit removing it. I might have cracked a corner but it did not break-off.

rgamble
12-14-10, 07:21 AM
I just installed one myself. Looking forward there is a tab holding the insert in place. just gently pry this in and up and it wiil come out.

Roy

CaddySpec25
12-14-10, 11:19 PM
Did this work for the op?

grandpa
12-16-10, 08:02 PM
Managed to get the tub out. It was the tabs in the front that was holding it in. Thanks for all your help.