: Missing hubcap key

fool2
12-08-10, 03:15 PM
My car didn't come with one and it's finally time to take the things off. How do I go about doing it without a key? I know they made like four different keys and I don't want to go through the trouble of tracking them all down to remove the hubcaps. Also, all four of the hubcaps have curb damage so damaging them more isn't an issue. I just want them off. :yup:

creeker
12-08-10, 03:52 PM
My car didn't come with one and it's finally time to take the things off. How do I go about doing it without a key? I know they made like four different keys and I don't want to go through the trouble of tracking them all down to remove the hubcaps. Also, all four of the hubcaps have curb damage so damaging them more isn't an issue. I just want them off. :yup:

We talked about this a liitle while ago, the "locks" turn very easily, I tried my 80 cdv., I'm sure if you even used a slotted screw driver you could probably turn them, 1/4
turn counter clockwise.

outsider
12-08-10, 04:03 PM
you may be able to grab them between the "grooves" with a pair of needle nose pliers too.

cadillac kevin
12-08-10, 10:10 PM
I'd try a pair of pliers or channellocks around the outside of the lock, or like what has been suggested, a flathead screwdriver in the key "groove" or whatever you call it where the teeth of the key go.
on mine, they are like a screw with a goofy pattern in the head. not hard to remove ( I have removed mine by hand with no key, although they might have been loose).

fool2
12-09-10, 01:09 AM
Thanks, it took some working but I got it off with a screwdriver