: Toasty

GMJim
12-08-10, 12:41 PM
Now that winter is upon us,
What do you find is a comfortable heat setting in your SRX?

I find it odd that it was 15 degrees this morning, Climate Control set on Auto,
and 66 degrees became too warm. Maybe what the vehicle lacked in
A/C, it is making up for it in heat.

Love heated seats!

TheCaptain
12-08-10, 03:49 PM
It's been bouncing around between -25, and -10 the last couple weeks, but mostly Auto runs at 22*.

I would like to say, i came home on the highway one -27* night, and had the heat on Defrost and Floor, max fan (8), at 120 kph, and this unit kept the windows clear and fog/frost free!! :D

Heated seats for the win!

ALSO! I would like to point out the Rear heated seats are not immediately available on mine right after startup, i usually have to run for approximately 5 minutes before they will fire. Is this common (battery save issue for short trips) or do i get this looked at? (On Remote start the heated seat lights do not come on in the rear.)

TRMN8R1
12-08-10, 04:33 PM
It's been bouncing around between -25, and -10 the last couple weeks, but mostly Auto runs at 22*.

I would like to say, i came home on the highway one -27* night, and had the heat on Defrost and Floor, max fan (8), at 120 kph, and this unit kept the windows clear and fog/frost free!! :D

Heated seats for the win!

ALSO! I would like to point out the Rear heated seats are not immediately available on mine right after startup, i usually have to run for approximately 5 minutes before they will fire. Is this common (battery save issue for short trips) or do i get this looked at? (On Remote start the heated seat lights do not come on in the rear.)

Rear heated seats? I did not know that....................2 wks old, still trying to figure out everything this vehicle has....................

PJ1520
12-08-10, 05:30 PM
Jim........:hammer: This is what my wife would be doing to me AFTER she cranked the temperature up 12 degrees from the 66 degrees you had it set at. The heated seats are the FIRST thing she turns on, before she buckles up. If a hammer wasn't handy, she would use this.... :thepan:
PJ

PS: It is the same in the house with the thermostats, all of them. I am waiting for a heating oil delivery as I type this. And she is the undisputed world champion at hot water usage. Following her, cold showers are commonplace for me. She can aptly be described as a cold baby and should have moved to the Florida Keys years ago.

embassy
12-08-10, 05:55 PM

Rear heated seats come on immediately after startup if you push the buttons on mine. In fact it seems that the rear seats heat up faster and to a higher temp than my front seats.

On remote start the rear seat heated indicators come on, but my front ones don't. For me the annoying thing is that when you get into the car and push the ignition button after a remote start, the heated seats turn off and you have to manually restart them.

TheCaptain
12-08-10, 06:56 PM
Rear heated seats? I did not know that....................2 wks old, still trying to figure out everything this vehicle has....................

Rear heated seats are only available on Premium level trims. :cool:

stevec5375
12-08-10, 09:26 PM
I love the heated seats as well. I wish the SRX had the heated steering wheel like an older version I drove for a weekend before I picked up my new one. I don't understand why they removed that feature.

Marc NY
12-10-10, 03:25 PM
... I would like to point out the Rear heated seats are not immediately available on mine right after startup, i usually have to run for approximately 5 minutes before they will fire. Is this common (battery save issue for short trips) or do i get this looked at? (On Remote start the heated seat lights do not come on in the rear.)Hey Captain... how does one program the remote start to have the driver's heated seats come on when you start the SRX in colder weather?

stevec5375
12-10-10, 05:45 PM
Hey Captain... how does one program the remote start to have the driver's heated seats come on when you start the SRX in colder weather?

From page 4-42 of the manual:

Config button

Remote Start Heated Seats
When on, this feature will turn the
heated seats on when using remote
start on cold days.
Press the MENU / SELECT knob
when Remote Start Heated Seats is
highlighted. Turn the knob to select
On or Off. Press the knob to confirm
and go back to the last menu

See also: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/214236-remote-start-how-activate-climate-controls.html#post2405382

TheCaptain
12-11-10, 07:27 AM
Yep, Steve has you pointed in the right direction.