: 1SA? 1SB? etc...

Caddy Man
09-21-04, 09:08 PM
what do all these mean??? why does cadillac go through this confusing way of naming thier cars? Are tehy just model numbers? Can anyone tell me what the 1SA model is and so on thorugh the whole lineup. and which sts would be the fully loaded (v-8, 18 inch wheels, nav, HUD, ALL THE OPTIONS) version? I have yet to see a new STS with navigation, ive seen roughly 15 STSs are various dealer lots, NONE with navigation. What gives? wouldnt they want thier best and brightest version of the new car out there first? As well as the other versions?

miscreant
09-21-04, 09:14 PM
what do all these mean??? why does cadillac go through this confusing way of naming thier cars? Are tehy just model numbers? Can anyone tell me what the 1SA model is and so on thorugh the whole lineup. and which sts would be the fully loaded (v-8, 18 inch wheels, nav, HUD, ALL THE OPTIONS) version? I have yet to see a new STS with navigation, ive seen roughly 15 STSs are various dealer lots, NONE with navigation. What gives? wouldnt they want thier best and brightest version of the new car out there first? As well as the other versions?
1SA - base V6
1SB - Luxury V6
1SC - Luxury Performance V6
1SD - Base V8 - coming January
1SE - Luxury V8
1SF - Luxury Performance V8
1SG - Premium Luxury Performance V8

This is not just Cadillac. GM does this with all their cars, however, it's NOT meant for the customer. It's a way for dealers to identify the car through codes. The brochure lists the names above.

Caddy Man
09-21-04, 09:21 PM
wow fast response. That cleared it up a lot for me. Just wanted to have an idea of what everyone was talkin about when they would say these. Thanks! Are they holding off on the navigation equipped models?? i havent seen any with nav in them yet.

rayainsw
09-21-04, 09:45 PM
"NONE with navigation"

And 1SF and 1SG (in the V8 realm) include the Navigation System.
- Ray
Not interested in the V6 - personally . . .

golfkt
09-21-04, 09:48 PM
I have been to a dealer that has a couple with the Nav. System. No they are not holding them back.

STSgirl
09-22-04, 12:13 AM
1SA - base V6
1SB - Luxury V6
1SC - Luxury Performance V6
1SD - Base V8 - coming January
1SE - Luxury V8
1SF - Luxury Performance V8
1SG - Premium Luxury Performance V8

You say that the 1SD (base v8) isn't out til January...so does that mean that the 1SG won't be out until January also??

rayainsw
09-22-04, 07:58 AM
"1SG won't be out until January also??"

A local dealer called me yesterday and left VM saying that he had a 1SG.

- Ray
Without enough time to drive there until (at least) Saturday . . .

STSgirl
09-22-04, 02:38 PM
"1SG won't be out until January also??"

A local dealer called me yesterday and left VM saying that he had a 1SG.

- Ray
Without enough time to drive there until (at least) Saturday . . .

Do you know if it's an AWD?
Are they producing AWD 1SG's yet?? :cool:

miscreant
09-22-04, 08:27 PM
Only a couple original demo models in AWD.

rayainsw
09-23-04, 07:44 AM
"Do you know if it's an AWD? "

This particular one was not.
- Ray
Sorry . . .

miscreant
09-23-04, 04:42 PM
AWD is finally off 100% constraint - it's still constrained, but available. Adaptive Cruise is still 100% constrained.

STSgirl
09-23-04, 09:51 PM
AWD is finally off 100% constraint - it's still constrained, but available. Adaptive Cruise is still 100% constrained.

Well I guess I'm getting a LITTLE closer :helpless:
Thanx for the info.

golfkt
09-27-04, 11:35 AM
Miscreant-Do you know when they are starting production on 1SB Luxury
Pkg. with Sun Roof? Color: Sand Stone (61). Is it the color that is holding things up?
Thanks!

miscreant
09-28-04, 03:22 AM
Miscreant-Do you know when they are starting production on 1SB Luxury
Pkg. with Sun Roof? Color: Sand Stone (61). Is it the color that is holding things up?
Thanks!
No, it's the sunroof. They just started releasing the sunroofs outside of the packages. I ordered out first 1SB w/ sunroof last Thursday. Still constrained, but available in small quantities...

golfkt
09-28-04, 10:20 AM
Could it be the color?

Thanks!