: STS Seat Compared to DST Seat

malatu
12-07-10, 02:47 PM
Just took my STS in for some warranty work (back speakers stopped working... actually, I'm not positive they ever worked) and they gave me a big old DST. Asked if they CTS and they told me the dts was all they had. Anyway ...... way too big ...... nice to have an 8 banger to step on (still greatly satisfied with my 6 banger)... but I've gotta say that as far as the comfort level of the Dts's driver's seat.... in my opinion, it's much, much, much more comfortable than my STS. Don't get me wrong, it's not like the old Caddy seats of old. It was firm but just more comfortable.

I know the lack of comfort of the STS seat has been discussed in previous threads. But boy, if that seat fits in an STS, I'd consider swapping mine out for a Dts seat. The STS seat is much too German sports sedan like!

hazcaddy
12-07-10, 05:02 PM
Totally agree. When I drove an '03 DHS I had a client in Windsor, ON (just south of Detroit) which was a 4-hour drive from my home office - used to take off at 06:30, get there for a 10:30 meeting, have lunch, and drive back. After 8 hours in the driver's seat, it felt like I had spent the day reading books in the library...

1BadCadSTS
12-07-10, 05:14 PM
DTS not DST

malatu
12-07-10, 05:28 PM
DTS not DST

Glad I didn't write STD!

EChas3
12-07-10, 09:13 PM
I found the DTS seats didn't adjust for entry and exit as well as my STS. (I have bad knees.) I find them comfortable enough but do sometimes adjust a few times on a long trip. That's one of the reseasons I like the memory-seat feature. I do want to easily revert to mt standard position.

jimmbo
12-08-10, 03:42 AM
I've found Park Benches to be more comfortable than the seats in an STS. They sure don't build Cadillacs very comfortable or luxurious anymore

jedhead
12-08-10, 04:21 AM
I think the seats in the STS-V are some of the most comfortable seat I have sat in. The suede inserts work well to help keep my butt planted when I go tearing up mountain roads. I get a DTS for a loaner when my car is in the shop and the only thing I like about the DTS seat is the air conditioned feature. I have put on 34K miles in 16 months on my car and have enjoyed it very much.

Bob

bbshriver
12-08-10, 09:22 AM
I would also love to get a DTS driver seat. But I do like the auto adjust in the STS, though I think the higher trim level DTS has that and the auto steering column.

For whatever reason I can't stand the 2000-2005 Deville seats. Love the older Deville seats, and the new DTS seats.

D&Ds_STS
12-09-10, 07:27 PM
Up until a month ago, I would say the best seats I ever put my butt in were in an '89 Olds Touring Sedan. Lear-Siegler, I think. The '06 STS seats are ok, the DTS seats have a bit more room, but not as much lateral support as the STS seats. At the insistence of the wife, who is after all the 'owner' of the STS (I simply pay bills), we test drove a late model M-B E-Class. The seats are superb, as is the handling..... I am holding out on the premise that the STS is not worth much to sell, and we need to drive it into the ground. Odds are, the '06 STS will be gone soon.