: Acceleration vibration

rockford
12-07-10, 12:48 PM
I just picked up a 2008 DTS Performance model and when I accelerate hard the front end has a little vibration. Just drove a 2011 DTS non Performance model and its smooth as silk. Any ideas? Thanks.

Superjim
12-07-10, 01:15 PM
I just picked up a 2008 DTS Performance model and when I accelerate hard the front end has a little vibration. Just drove a 2011 DTS non Performance model and its smooth as silk. Any ideas? Thanks.

Could be a bad U joint...
Could be a bad motor mount...
Could be a bad transmission mount...

Texas Jim

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-07-10, 04:21 PM
With a vehicle that is still at the least fairly new I would suggest having it checked at your dealership. Depending on your mileage you should still have the 4 year 50,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty on the vehicle. This should cover you for this kind of fix when under normal circumstances. If you run into any other problems or issues feel free to contact me.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

rockford
12-07-10, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the responses. It also wants to wander under acceleration and seems to exhibit some torque steer. Is this due to the different tires and larger wheels on the performance model or the magnetic ride? The regular DTS I drove seemed to totally isolate the steering feel from the drive tires under full throttle whereas on mine you have to be mindful of how much throttle you give it and what direction you are pointed when "hitting it" Thanks.

Superjim
12-07-10, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the responses. It also wants to wander under acceleration and seems to exhibit some torque steer. Is this due to the different tires and larger wheels on the performance model or the magnetic ride? The regular DTS I drove seemed to totally isolate the steering feel from the drive tires under full throttle whereas on mine you have to be mindful of how much throttle you give it and what direction you are pointed when "hitting it" Thanks.

If it still has the Bridgestone tires on it...after they are worn down close to half tread...they get "HARD" and spin really easy.
Before I put new tires on mie...it would spin almost all the way thru 1st gear and then spin a little when it changed to 2nd.

Mine was really squirrely with the Bridgestone tires...if you were really GETTING ON IT.

Texas Jim

USSBlackPearlUSMC
12-15-10, 11:37 PM
It could just be a vast amount of raw American power delivered in the form of a 1930s gangster wielding a Tommy Gun.Back to seriousness. In the mean time just be easy on it until you figure it out, dont want to throw a CV or a seal from wheel hop or vibrations. My 06 LuxIII just sways, perhaps MRC could play a part, as Ive heard they feel more planted, mines just a cloud so I dont feel much anyway. Just my 2 cents worth, best of luck!