: possible BREAKTHROUGH on White Wall Tires!

Southern
12-06-10, 10:14 PM
Hi Guys. As you know, I traded my Caddy for a T-bird and some cash...

Well, while checking out what was avail for the ThunderBird.....I found this company.....and thought of you guys.

I have NOT called them.....yet!

But if there are some DTS folks who are SERIOUS about getting WWs for their DTS.....and we have had discussions here about how hard it was getting WWs.....then a phone call might be in order.

Here they are:

http://www.dbtires.com/

Smooth roads to you guys.......

Southern

HartfordGuy
12-06-10, 10:38 PM
I've heard of them. But they are for classic cars. Show tires maybe, but are they made for high speed daily use like we need?

Superjim
12-07-10, 10:53 AM
I've heard of them. But they are for classic cars. Show tires maybe, but are they made for high speed daily use like we need?

It appears that they are.
I just downloaded the catalog and they have various sizes in both 17 inch and 18 inch tires.

Texas Jim

Superjim
12-07-10, 10:56 AM
Hi Guys. As you know, I traded my Caddy for a T-bird and some cash...

Well, while checking out what was avail for the ThunderBird.....I found this company.....and thought of you guys.

I have NOT called them.....yet!

But if there are some DTS folks who are SERIOUS about getting WWs for their DTS.....and we have had discussions here about how hard it was getting WWs.....then a phone call might be in order.

Here they are:

http://www.dbtires.com/

Smooth roads to you guys.......

Southern

Thank you.
I have the catalog now.
I will call them after the first of the year...after I pay all the Christmas bills. :)

Texas Jim

Dave Buswell
12-11-10, 11:36 AM

Because my '07 STS uses different size tires front and rear, I found it impossible to get a set of WWs from Tire Rack, or any other sources including Vogue. etc. I called Diamondback and they let me choose the tires I wanted (Michelin Pilot Sport A/S) and literally created the WWs using the required two different size tires as the base. The tires were delivered to my Caddy dealer and installed.

I was satisfied with Diamondback in every aspect of the deal.

HartfordGuy
12-11-10, 07:47 PM
Sounds interesting Dave. Do you have a photo of your car with the whitewalls?

So you picked the brand, the size(s) and the selected the whitewall width and they made them?

Dave Buswell
12-12-10, 12:00 PM
Sounds interesting Dave. Do you have a photo of your car with the whitewalls?

So you picked the brand, the size(s) and the selected the whitewall width and they made them?

It's been some time ago, but as I recall they asked the above questions including what width I wanted the WW to be as well as the color of an additional smaller width band above the WW. I have photos of the car, but I am unaware of how to upload it to this site.

One other note: The company rep that I spoke with to thank after the tires were completed and delivered strongly urged me to increase the PSI on each tire by 5 pounds over the STS recommended pressure. I have done so and the tires have shown minimal wear thus far.

HartfordGuy
12-12-10, 01:34 PM
If you have the photos on your computer you should be able to upload them using the advanced reply feature. Above the text box there is a symbol of a paperclip. Click on that and it will prompt you to browse your computer to select that photo. From it will attach the photo to your post.

Kenwood
12-16-10, 11:45 AM
Hey Southern,
Thanks for stopping by, nice to hear from you. We hope all is well with you and the T-Bird. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Kenwood