: SRX Hid experts ? need help!

penguyen
12-06-10, 05:42 PM
I bought my 2010 srx used from a private seller and unfortunately , she didn't have the hid upgrade. Well, the dealer is a bit pricey. I ran across someone ebay

but heres the questions. If you're car isn't equipped with the adaptive forward lighting, will buying these be plug and play ? Do u need to order a module from the dealership so that your "headlight" knows when you're turning ? Seems like although u can get the adaptive hid off ebay, I don't believe that You can just plug it and your car will know it have forward lighting and will adjust according to the way you turn ?... thanks in advance

Im new and can't post links but on ebay, i just type in 2010 srx xenon ..change the setting to "highest price first" and u can see factory oem headlights with hid and adaptive lighting for like 500

bwclemons
12-07-10, 10:11 AM
I would like to do the same thing. Are the lights plug and play? Do fuses need to be changed or added? Etc.

GMJim
12-09-10, 10:01 AM
From the man who knows:
Unfortunately it is not possible to upgrade your base level headlamps to the up level HID version. The HID version includes Advanced Forward Lighting (AFL) technology that allows the projector to "follow" the steering wheel. For this to occur an electronic control unit (ECU) gathers vehicle dynamic information such as vehicle speed, throttle position, steering wheel angle, chassis position and sends this data to the ECU that converts that data to control the swivel motor in the headlamp. So in addition to the ECU there are several chassis sensors and electrical components that make up the system, not to mention the logic controlled from the Body Control Module (BCM) to make these systems talk to each other. This is why "plug an play" won't work.