: Help before I buy my first Cadillac

bigwinw
12-06-10, 03:04 PM
I may be purchasing a 2000 Cadillac Escalade from a friend. The only known problem with it is that the Gas Gauge is stuck on full. I was wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem. If so was it something you could do yourself or how much did it cost you to fix? I either need to talk him down in price or get it fixed after I buy it.

He is offering me the car for $6000. It has 94000 miles on it. Some of the extras include tow package, heated leather seats, new tires and tv. He was the only owner and claims it has had all needed maintenance at a dealer on the needed interval. I will get to borrow it sometime soon to take it to the dealer for inspection and get the service records.

At this price should I worry about the gas gauge? Is this a good price or not? I look forward to getting feedback from others more knowledgeable about Cadillacs.

sk7
12-07-10, 12:28 PM
Gas gauge is a mandatory accessory in those trucks! It goes down quick! Should be an easy fix. Worse case scenario the sender in the tank is bad, or its a ground issue. Get it fixed before u buy it!