: 96 Fleetwood (DRL).

Oliver
09-21-04, 05:54 PM
Hello
Drove my wife to post office today in the 96 Fleetwood,
Parking in front of the window with engine running i noticed my daytime running lights were not working,
I placed my ballcap over the sensor on top of the dash and a few seconds later all lights came on, so I know thats working,I flashed my flash to pass they work also.
Looking at fuse panel only thing I see is all fuses look good, Also with with the loss of DRL I think the little fiber optic lights on the fender corners are out.
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks Oliver

FASSTWOOD
09-21-04, 07:57 PM
I know the 95 doesn't have drl's I didn't realize the 96 did...

AElayyat
09-21-04, 07:58 PM
I know my dad's 96 Eldorado's DTRL sytem works once the tranny is placed in gear, in park it turns off. Maybe the Fleetwood works the same???

92brougham
09-21-04, 11:00 PM
I would kill to find a way to get rid of my DRL on my 96 but cant find a fuse for the DRL. however i would still want everything else to work. Does anyone know hot to turn the drl off?

AND WHAT IS FLASH TO PASS???? HOW DO YOU WORK IT?

btw fastwood...sorry i didnt get a chance to call today bro...i had some unexpected things come up....are you free thrusday after 1230 or friday anytime between9-5pm? maybe we could meet up somewhere. ....let me know bro

92brougham
09-22-04, 07:33 PM
anyone?????????????
whats flash to pass and how do you use it?

HotRodSaint
09-22-04, 07:39 PM
anyone?????????????
whats flash to pass and how do you use it?

It's your brights. Pull the stock back.

But it's more a euro thing. In the US you might get shot for flashing at someone moron to get out of the fast lane. :annoyed:

92brougham
09-22-04, 08:06 PM
what the hell? why do they make it sound like some special feature? all it is, is a high beam switch! i think gm naming it ftp is kinda dumb IMO.

btw...anyone figure out how to disable these dam DRLs in the dam 96 brougham??

FASSTWOOD
09-23-04, 11:34 PM
Flash to pass alwas seems to work better when followed by a stomping of the gas pedal...

92brougham I'm gonna be home after 11:00 a.m. I gotta fix my minivan which only has 38,000 miles :rant2: . Anyway, if you wanna take a ride out to rockaway beach I'll be here. I'm also in the process of doing my amps and subs in my car.... Call me 516-852-5690...