: Seeking some parts

Nathom0506
12-06-10, 02:21 PM
I was pointed in your direction when needing to order some parts. i am needing valve cover gaskets for a 2003 3.2l CTS. i cant seem to find them anywhere. if you could get me a price on those that would be great.

RippyPartsDept
12-06-10, 02:43 PM
the issue w/ the 3.2L valve cover gaskets is that the valve cover design was changed mid year
the older style gaskets aren't sold (by us at least) anymore
and the only way to tell if you can get the gaskets that are available is to remove your cover and check the part numbers stamped on the back of the cover.

it's recommended to replace all 16 of the bolt hole o-rings also when you do the gaskets,
and by the time you add the cost of those on top of the gaskets themselves you're not too far off of the price for new covers (which come with new gaskets and seals)

i've priced both ways out in a few threads, if you need to i can look them up again

(in summary)
getting the new valve cover design while possibly un-needed and a little more expensive takes the guesswork out of trying to figure out if you have the first or second design covers currently, and in the future you will know you've got the second design