: How do I make my '73 CDV lower ?

HD-Torsten
12-06-10, 03:16 AM
Hi Folks,

I would like to make my '73 CDV 2-3" lower. Is there any special springs, or I cut the springs from simple ?

I have already read something on the board of Chevy springs. What springs are exactly and where can I buy them ?

Thank's for your help !!!

best regards
Torsten

PS: sorry for my english

1980coupe
12-06-10, 08:11 AM
ive read that you can use the impala springs from like a 96 model i think....
or you can heat them up to lower it or you can use hydraulics to lift and lower at the flick of a switch.

HD-Torsten
12-06-10, 03:30 PM
do you think lowering springs or stock springs ??

best regards
Torsten

albymangled
12-06-10, 06:21 PM
Use lowering springs...

heating / cutting stocks springs to lower a car is exactly the kind of BS that will interest the cops and let's face it you don't want that kind of attention...

HD-Torsten
12-07-10, 01:10 PM
Ok, thanks for your help !!!!

best regards
Torsten

londonslimos
10-23-11, 03:11 AM
a trunk full of cement and a few fat chicks works everytime

Mark 78 Coupe
10-24-11, 12:43 PM
There is a company called Jamco that specializes in making springs for cars. Tell them how much of a drop you want (their web site shows 1-3") and they custom make new springs for your car. I have never used them personally, but I've read about the company many times in various car magazines. Best part for you, springs don't weigh much, so shipping them to Germany won't cost so much. By the way, I will be using them when I am done with my Deville, as what I've read it that not only will your car be lower, it will ride better because you now have new springs, not springs that are 40 years old.

steck
10-29-11, 09:20 AM
There is a company called Jamco that specializes in making springs for cars. Tell them how much of a drop you want (their web site shows 1-3") and they custom make new springs for your car.

went to the site, looks like they only do lowering kits for pre-70's caddies...unless they will be the same for a '73..