: Fuse #10 Blowing & Radio NOT working, Almost Fixed Problem- Please HELP!!!

Nyc1559
12-05-10, 06:36 PM
Hi,
I see alot of information an post about this issue. I am close to resolving it, just need some guidance from one who may have done this before.

99 Catera I Removed the connector to the Heater Auxiliary Water Pump a 24 volt DC motor located on the passenger side of the wheel well area.Then Replaced the fuse #10 and started the car. This time the fuse did not blow. I then reconnected the connector to the heater aux pump and the fuse #10 blew out ! Along with the radio, dome light features not working when the fuse is out.

I drove the car with the Heater Aux water pump unplugged in order to have the radio working an fuse #10 to not blow out.
I dont think its so safe to have this pump unplugged but then again i had this fuse #10 blown out for continuous days while driving. What could be the side effect from not having the pump plugged in for a long amount of time ?

Other then that , what should be my next move after seeing that when the connector is plugged into the Heater Aux water pump - the fuse #10 blows
And when the connector is disconnected off the pump the fuse remains working ? would i need a new pump ? or wiring ? or the volt motor ?

USEDCAT
12-05-10, 07:55 PM
Heater auxiliary pump is there only to provide heat while the car is not running (water pump not running) or coolant is not fully warmed up. When the coolant has warmed up the main water pump drives the coolant around and heat is controlled through the heater bypass valve. It is a nice to have and not essential safety item from what I gather.

Cheers.

Nyc1559
12-05-10, 09:17 PM
I appreciate the reply, Thank You

As of now i am driving the car with the pump Disconnected in order to have the fuse#10 (BCM) working and not blow out.

When i do plug the connector back onto the aux heater pump the fuse blows.
I am unsure how to fix this issue

Replace the aux heater pump ?
Shortage ?
If anyone has suggestions or experience please do reply

-Thank You

USEDCAT
12-05-10, 09:29 PM
I appreciate the reply, Thank You

As of now i am driving the car with the pump Disconnected in order to have the fuse#10 (BCM) working and not blow out.

When i do plug the connector back onto the aux heater pump the fuse blows.
I am unsure how to fix this issue

Replace the aux heater pump ?
Shortage ?
If anyone has suggestions or experience please do reply

-Thank You
If you take it out and plug the hoses you can perhaps test it outside and see if you can fix it. Apparently the same pump model is used for the auxiliary pump in the top front left handside just past the battery. If you can find either in a junk yard perhaps worth it.

The eBay also has a few listings like,

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/__?_from=R40&_trksid=m39&_nkw=catera+auxiliary+pump

It appears also to be used in some other european models like VW Beetle and Jetta if you search under that.

Good luck.

Yose
05-04-11, 10:57 PM
This may be a dumb question, but here goes... Is the pump even necessary?