: Fuse #10 Blowing & Radio not working, Almost Fixed Problem- Please HELP !

Nyc1559
12-05-10, 02:56 PM
Hi,
I see alot of information an post about this issue. I am close to resolving it, just need some guidance from one who may have done this before.

99 Catera I Removed the connector to the Heater Auxiliary Water Pump a 24 volt DC motor located on the passenger side of the wheel well area.Then Replaced the fuse #10 and started the car. This time the fuse did not blow. I then reconnected the connector to the heater aux pump and the fuse #10 blew out ! Along with the radio, dome light features not working when the fuse is out.

I drove the car with the Heater Aux water pump unplugged in order to have the radio working an fuse #10 to not blow out.
I dont think its so safe to have this pump unplugged but then again i had this fuse #10 blown out for continuous days while driving. What could be the side effect from not having the pump plugged in for a long amount of time ?

Other then that , what should be my next move after seeing that when the connector is plugged into the Heater Aux water pump - the fuse #10 blows
And when the connector is disconnected off the pump the fuse remains working ? would i need a new pump ? or wiring ? or the volt motor ?:confused:

Please Guide me on my next move in order to resolve this issue

CADMAN56
12-09-10, 09:54 PM
As long as the connector is not corroded,replace the pump and you will be ok-This pump is just for better operation of flow through the heater core. Left unplugged will not damage anything but with pump not operating,there will be a loss of heater performance.

CADMAN56
12-09-10, 10:22 PM
Forgot to add that the aux heater pumps main function is to provide better flow through heater core at idle. Your heater performance would be affected more at idle versus higher rpm. Hope this helps.

USEDCAT
12-09-10, 10:30 PM
My comments if these help are in the following,

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-catera-cimarron-forum/216845-fuse-10-blowing-radio-not-working.html

Good luck.

buddah05301962
03-30-11, 03:33 PM
where exactly is the aux heater pump located in detail please.