: 91 cranks but no start

mjs182004
12-05-10, 03:21 AM
tonight i went to go start the Cadillac and it would not start. it will crank but won't start. weird thing is i just drove it about an hour prior and everything was normal. It was hard to tell, but i tried to listen for the fuel pump to prime the system when turning the car to the on position. its kinda windy/noisy and not sure if it was kicking on or not. I do know for sure the is no fuel getting to the motor. I took off the air cleaner and had my cousin try to start the car. I can see that there is no fuel squirting out of the injectors. we tried putting gas in the throttle body and it did start, but ran like crap and then obviously stalled out. it almost sounded like a vacuum hose was broken. I wanted to get your opinions on what it may be before i have it towed. I really think it might be the fuel pump. I am going to see if smacking the fuel tank might make it work. its also only 25 F outside and snowing. I have the 5.0L tbi engine

csbuckn
12-05-10, 12:49 PM
Hopefully its a fuse or fuel pump relay, usually you can swap them with another close by. finding them is the fun part.

mjs182004
12-05-10, 07:57 PM
I tried smacking it with a baseball bat, but got nothing. I didn't look at the fuses or relays( idiot me ) so now it has already been towed to the shop. so i guess i find out what the problem is soon enough.

FleetwoodSwangin
12-12-10, 09:15 AM
I tried smacking it with a baseball bat, but got nothing. I didn't look at the fuses or relays( idiot me ) so now it has already been towed to the shop. so i guess i find out what the problem is soon enough.

Sounds like the same issue i have with my 93 Fleetwood.....it runs as long as i keep feathering the gas....but it will idle for about 5 seconds then flutter and die....