: Factory sub and door speakers

txbest1980
12-04-10, 05:31 PM
i apologize if this question has been asked before, but i just spent the last two hours reading and reading trying to find my answers and i cant find nothing on the actual size...

so what is the actual size of the factory sub and door speakers...crutchfield is saying anything from a 5.25 to a 6.75 can fit in the front and rear doors and they are stating that a 10 to a 13.5 can fit in the factory sub spot.

i would like to take this Box Only Sound Extra crap out of my ride and put some decent sounding speakers in. i am not trying to throw no booming system in there, but a nice free air sub and some quality door speakers and i would be happy. i have my CTS set up this way and it sounds perfect to me. not to much bass and not to low either

rzambrano
12-04-10, 11:20 PM
i apologize if this question has been asked before, but i just spent the last two hours reading and reading trying to find my answers and i cant find nothing on the actual size...

so what is the actual size of the factory sub and door speakers...crutchfield is saying anything from a 5.25 to a 6.75 can fit in the front and rear doors and they are stating that a 10 to a 13.5 can fit in the factory sub spot.

i would like to take this Box Only Sound Extra crap out of my ride and put some decent sounding speakers in. i am not trying to throw no booming system in there, but a nice free air sub and some quality door speakers and i would be happy. i have my CTS set up this way and it sounds perfect to me. not to much bass and not to low either

I think the factory Bose system in my car sounds great. Great enough that I do not need to swap anything out. And I am an audiophile, sort of!

parker34
12-04-10, 11:44 PM
I also think the factory stereo is better than many and good enough not to change but to each their own.....heres a link that you can check and it has all the sizes and some info on the sound system if you scroll down http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2010/12446-2005-cadillac-sts-information.html

txbest1980
12-05-10, 10:27 PM
thank you for the link...

and if you two ever experience something out of the Box Only Sound Extra (BOSE) system, you will realize that BOSE is actually a bit distorted. im not saying bose cant and dont sound good, but i have heard way better. now granted it cost a lot more

parker34
12-06-10, 04:47 PM
Oh I know that its no the best sounding by far, however, it is good enough for me not to have any thoughts of replacing it....yet