: Throttle Questions

Enigmaticwraith
12-03-10, 07:43 PM
The other day, I running the car in diagnostic mode to check if the engine was running rich, and noticed that in the DIC it continuously switched back and forth between E00 and E70 (this was after it showed stored codes). I wasn't sure if these had the same meaning as the normal codes since they were being shown after it put up the history/current codes. Also, I checked the read-out of the throttle angle; it was at 4.6 degrees when the pedal was not being touched and at 77 degrees with the pedal depressed all the way. Is this normal? I would have thought it should be closer to 90 degrees with the pedal fully depressed.

Sevillian273
12-04-10, 10:14 AM
Not sure what you mean about the E00 to E70 but those throttle angles are normal.

Enigmaticwraith
12-04-10, 12:38 PM
Not sure what you mean about the E00 to E70

If I leave the engine running in diagnostic mode, after it shows stored codes it will switch between saying E00 and E70 continuously.

HUF
12-05-10, 11:56 PM
I believe those are not trouble codes. The DIC finished the codes and asks for further action.

Enigmaticwraith
12-06-10, 10:48 AM
I believe those are not trouble codes. The DIC finished the codes and asks for further action.

That's what I thought, but I was unsure as I didn't remember it doing that previous times.