: Chrome tech crunch!!!

chiefmjk
12-03-10, 04:27 PM
Rubbed my front chrome tech wheel on the curb. Destroyed the chrome cladding. Had the whell replaced at the dealer today. $688.00 installed, OUCH!!! SO be VERY, VERY, carefull out there. :crying2:

sube5186
12-03-10, 08:41 PM
Whenever I parallel park, I always tilt the outside rearview mirror down so I can see the curb. This technique works great and has prevented me from ever scraping the wheels of every car I've ever owned. You can set the SRX to do this automatically via the Config Menu. I don't have it turned on now because I rarely parallel park anymore.

Sube

PJ1520
12-05-10, 01:55 AM
I have a wife and a wheel repair guy....if you have the former, you need the latter.:banghead:

By the way, the technology designed to help prevent backing into something only helps when said wife pays attention to her surroundings and the technology.:crybaby:

smiley47
12-05-10, 09:40 AM
Rubbed my front chrome tech wheel on the curb. Destroyed the chrome cladding. Had the whell replaced at the dealer today. $688.00 installed, OUCH!!! SO be VERY, VERY, carefull out there. :crying2:

You can buy a set of very nice "real" chrome custom wheels for around $1000. I replaced the chrome tech's with Strada Diablos, kept the Michelins on. Perfect fit and ride.

algiorda
12-05-10, 12:49 PM
This reminds me of the older Cadillac's that had those springs installed on the body sticking out to scrape the curb when you were close so you wouldn't scrape the tires. My kids would freak out if I installed those on my car now.