: a question about wire wheels

HD-Torsten
12-03-10, 10:06 AM
Hi Folks,

many of you have told me 20" rims do not look good. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/rwd-19xx-1984-deville-fleetwood-1985/216496-73-cdv-20-rims.html

Now I have wire wheels found. http://www.ogrimsdirect.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=S15X7

Can I mount these wire wheels without problems on my '73 CDV ? Can I drive with these wheels then without problems ?

Thanks for your help !!!

best regards
Torsten

outsider
12-03-10, 10:17 AM
I have put rims just like that on my 87 caddy with no problem...mine were 20" rims.

Make sure you get the right adapter for your car...These should fit under the fender skirts but I'm not 100% sure. may want to get some measurements or something. Also make sure the offset is correct...not sure if you need standard or reverse.

HD-Torsten
12-03-10, 10:39 AM
do you have pics for me ??

best regards
Torsten

outsider
12-03-10, 10:43 AM
I do not have any pictures unfortunately. I only had them on for like a week or two before I ditched them. Didn't really like the way they rode or looked. I'm far too white for the 20" rims :)

albymangled
12-03-10, 11:00 AM
Torsten....the wheels you like best are the ones to put on your car mate....

personally I like wires....

probably only go to like 18's myself but I am a bit old fashioned I guess...

if like me you would only use your car in good (dry) weather wires are probably ok...

if you were to use them in wet or snowy weather the wires would probably take too much cleaning.

outsider
12-03-10, 11:05 AM
Yeah, ultimately you shouldn't base your choice on what other people say. Opinions are different and only yours should count because it's your car. I'm sure it'll look great no matter what :)

Highway Star
12-03-10, 11:49 AM
Those rims look nice. I've yet to see a vintage Caddy that looked better with anything other than 15" rims and whitewalls, basically the factory look.

sven914
12-03-10, 12:25 PM
Those rims might look good (better than the other ones), but you need to make sure they will fit your car's 5X5 bolt pattern.

outsider
12-03-10, 12:58 PM
yeah they have adapter plates listed on that order form...but I didn't see a 5x5. saw a 5x5.5 and a universal...

csbuckn
12-03-10, 02:28 PM
Looks like they have the right adapter but have you thought bigger, maybe 17s with some vogues? But I like the rims in the other thread better.

77CDV
12-04-10, 01:40 AM
I've seen wires like these on 71-76 Cads with no problems. The look....ok. A bit pimpalicious for my taste.

The-Dullahan
12-04-10, 02:36 AM
These are rather similar to the Gold ones I had (But smaller and a whole lot less ridiculous) and the ones I had had one of those "universal" mounting setups. Fit perfectly, even with my skirted rear-fenders (Your skirts are, of course, lower than mine)

In the end, it is all about what YOU want on the car. To each their own and if anyone hands you any lip, deal with them with excessive, violent force.