: The windows were down.

frankrizzo135
12-02-10, 07:12 PM
My 2011 SRX is only 3 weeks old,so I am still discovering the features on it. After reading the comments of the other owners in this site and the oddities they are having I would like to also mention something that is odd. I went shopping the other day and parked in the same vicinity I usually park. This time though I remember pressing the lock button on the dash this time instead of using the key fab. When I came back to the vehicle I saw that all the windows were down . I know I didn't hit any window button at all when I excited . I guess it was good it wasn't raining and that no thief noticed the windows down. So how about that?

sube5186
12-02-10, 07:42 PM
My 2011 SRX is only 3 weeks old,so I am still discovering the features on it. After reading the comments of the other owners in this site and the oddities they are having I would like to also mention something that is odd. I went shopping the other day and parked in the same vicinity I usually park. This time though I remember pressing the lock button on the dash this time instead of using the key fab. When I came back to the vehicle I saw that all the windows were down. I know I didn't hit any window button at all when I excited . I guess it was good it wasn't raining and that no thief noticed the windows down. So how about that?

When you came back and noticed all of the windows down, did you notice whether or not the doors were unlocked? If so, you may have inadvertently pressed the "unlock" button on the remote. If you keep this button depressed for about 2 seconds, all of the windows will lower. Hypothetically, you could have had something in your pocket that pressed against the remote. This may have happened while leaving or approaching the vehicle. Either way, if this is what happened, you would have had to have been within the remote's range (195 ft.).

I accidentally did this with the rear hatch release button on the remote. I was at a concert in the park. My car was parked approx. 200 feet away, but visible from my seat. About an hour into the show I looked over and noticed the rear liftgate was open. I'm positive I didn't leave it open. I must have inadvertently pressed the button on the remote in my pocket.

Sube

frankrizzo135
12-02-10, 07:48 PM
Thanks for mentioning that. I probably did hit the button in my pocket.

sube5186
12-02-10, 08:05 PM
Thanks for mentioning that. I probably did hit the button in my pocket.

No problem. If it doesn't occur again, more than likely this is what happened.

Sube

TheCaptain
12-04-10, 11:20 AM
Yea, i've been in the house, and accidentally opened all the windows when i sat down and just pushed the button, and also with the liftgate as well...

RAB
12-05-10, 10:03 AM
...... did you notice whether or not the doors were unlocked? If so, you may have inadvertently pressed the "unlock" button on the remote. If you keep this button depressed for about 2 seconds, all of the windows will lower. ......

Sube, the "all-windows down" command from the RKE (by depressing the 'Unlock' button for more than 2 seconds) is an interesting feature that perhaps a good many SRX owners are not aware of. I did a quick scan of the (2011) SRX Owner's Manual (pdf) and didn't see any reference to this feature.
I've driven a few European vehicles in recent years that had it, and wondered why American car companies couldn't adopt the feature. It's nice to see Cadillac has taken this on with the 2nd gen SRX.

RAB

stevec5375
12-05-10, 11:20 AM
Sube, the "all-windows down" command from the RKE (by depressing the 'Unlock' button for more than 2 seconds) is an interesting feature that perhaps a good many SRX owners are not aware of. I did a quick scan of the (2011) SRX Owner's Manual (pdf) and didn't see any reference to this feature.
I've driven a few European vehicles in recent years that had it, and wondered why American car companies couldn't adopt the feature. It's nice to see Cadillac has taken this on with the 2nd gen SRX.

RAB

For the 2010 model, it is on page 1-25 of the PDF version of the manual.

Opening the Windows From
Outside the Vehicle
The vehicle may have remote
operating windows that can be
opened from outside the vehicle by
pressing and holding the unlock
button on the Keyless Access
Transmitter to open all the windows.

sube5186
12-05-10, 11:27 AM

Yeah, I couldn't find this mentioned anywhere in the 2011 manual either. It's mentioned twice (pages 1-4 and 1-25) in the 2010 manual. I had this feature on my last car, but it only opened the two front windows. Without reading it in the manual, I simply tried pressing the button on the SRX's remote to see if it had it too. I was pleased to discover it did. I use it in conjunction with the remote start, which automatically activates the ventilated seats when outside temps are 80 degrees or above. No point in remotely turning on the cooled seats if hot air is still trapped in the vehicle.

Sube

RAB
12-05-10, 12:10 PM
stevec + Sube - thanks for your info/clarification. Just downloaded the 2010 manual to look at, and there it is (on pages 1-4 and 1-26 in the pdf I obtained). It's curious they removed all info/refererence to this feature in the 2011 manual.
Perhaps the feature has been removed on the 2011's? (anyone?).
It's great picking up information such as this in the forum.