: 2011 SRX Powertrain Calibration Enhancements

sube5186
12-02-10, 05:22 PM
It says here that the 2011 SRX has powertrain calibration enhancements to improve acceleration feel on 3.0L models. This is the first time I've heard anything about this. I thought it was interesting. Since this is merely a "calibration", it's basically a simple adjustment. I wonder if this can be done for the 2010 models. No big deal if it can't. I just thought if it's possible for us to squeeze every bit of performance out of our 2010's, why shouldn't we.

How does everyone else feel about this?

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/vehicles/cadillac/srx/2011.brand_cadillac.html

Sube

GeeVee
12-03-10, 12:27 PM
This thread has stirred my interest. Hopefully it is available for us "10" owners. I will talk to the dealership next time I drop by. My curiosity got the best of me so I called the dealer. They informed me ( FWIW) that yes the software modification should be available for the 2010s. Perhaps in March was what I was told.

sube5186
12-03-10, 07:28 PM
They informed me (FWIW) that yes the software modification should be available for the 2010s. Perhaps in March was what I was told.

That's good news. I wonder why its going to take so long.

Sube

GeeVee
12-03-10, 11:39 PM
Thats a good question and hopefully he is wrong about that

Smokin' SRX
12-05-10, 03:32 PM
I had a Buick Enclave before the X. My first year model (2008) was a peach but they programmed the tranny to get into 5th and 6th gear as soon as possible. This caused a "bogging down" feeling if tooling around town at 30-35 MPH and wanting to accel mildly. You would have to rally stomp the gas to get a downshift. It was done to increase MPG of course but frustrated many. (me included) When the '09 came out they had a "revised" tranny calibration! Behold, few mos later, it was avail at N/C to us '08 owners. Made a nice diff.

But simple it ain't! When finished, I drove away and noticed I was getting 38 MPG average, on the Dic read out!! This continued and I was ready to call the Press Corps!! But alas I quickly realized my speedo said 70MPH when I was going 50 MPH! Back to dealer and 2 hours later (and a new reflash) all was back to normal, except for better tranny calibration.......... As I feel my 3.0 eng/tranny are not "silky" as the Enclave was, I would get it in a minute. Only caveat.........tiny decrease in MPG.very tiny. Guess Gm couldn't change Laws of Physics?

Worked well for another 2 1/2 years.

SS

sube5186
12-05-10, 04:24 PM
I would get it in a minute. Only caveat.........tiny decrease in MPG.very tiny. Guess Gm couldn't change Laws of Physics?

Hmmmmm. Didn't even think about that. I'd need more info before I'd undertake such a modification. Interestingly enough, the mileage stats on the website for the 2011 model are the same as the 2010. That means either false advertising, or there's no change.

Sube

Marc NY
12-21-10, 11:33 AM
I had a Buick Enclave before the X. My first year model (2008) was a peach but they programmed the tranny to get into 5th and 6th gear as soon as possible. This caused a "bogging down" feeling if tooling around town at 30-35 MPH and wanting to accel mildly. You would have to rally stomp the gas to get a downshift. It was done to increase MPG of course but frustrated many. (me included) When the '09 came out they had a "revised" tranny calibration! Behold, few mos later, it was avail at N/C to us '08 owners. Made a nice diff.

But simple it ain't! When finished, I drove away and noticed I was getting 38 MPG average, on the Dic read out!! This continued and I was ready to call the Press Corps!! But alas I quickly realized my speedo said 70MPH when I was going 50 MPH! Back to dealer and 2 hours later (and a new reflash) all was back to normal, except for better tranny calibration.......... As I feel my 3.0 eng/tranny are not "silky" as the Enclave was, I would get it in a minute. Only caveat.........tiny decrease in MPG.very tiny. Guess Gm couldn't change Laws of Physics?

Worked well for another 2 1/2 years.

SSI too had an 08 Enclave with the same issues and supposedly they re-flashed or updated mine to respond better.

*Perhaps the 2010 SRX might benefit from the 2011 SRX acceleration recalibration later on.