: Got my new 05 STS Saturday

acfromla
09-21-04, 10:45 AM
A :yup: What an unbelievable car..To appreciate it, you have to drive this engineered dream. I have been driving an Audi A8L for three years and the STS kicks its butt..I am thoroughly impressed with the power, handling and to my surprise the fit and finish.......I'll keep you posted on the finer details..

Brett
09-21-04, 11:02 AM
Congratulations and welcome to the forum...I think you may be our first 2005 STS owner :)

golfkt
09-21-04, 11:19 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am green with envy. Hopefully mine will be in soon. GM finally accepted my order about 4 weeks ago.

Sandy
09-21-04, 11:28 AM
Don't shatter my dreams ! My dream car is an Audi A8L, NEW, with every option available, ON IT !!

2nd Dream car would be a Jaguar XJ-R ... again, with EVERYTHING !

acfromla
09-21-04, 11:41 AM
Don't want to shatter your dreams about the Audi A8L Sandy. Don't get me wrong, the Audi is a great car and I have enjoyed it for the last 70K miles. I have also driven the new A8L and for the money, the STS is right there in power, handling and comfort. Obviously the Audi has more room in the back seat, but you don't drive the car from there. Do yourself a favor, drive a new A8L, then drive the STS and get back to me...

megeebee
09-21-04, 11:42 AM
Congratulations! By the way, which model do you have, V6 or Northstar? Tell us what color and interior you have as well.

acfromla
09-21-04, 11:47 AM
I bought the V8 Luxury Sports Sedan (1SE Luxury Package) with added sunroof. The car is Black Raven, Cashmere Interior Leather, Eucalyptus wood trim and Chrome wheels....I take a picture tonight and post it tomorrow...

nbfc
09-21-04, 12:21 PM
Congrats. Good Luck with it. I am waiting for mine to come in suppose to be today or tomorrow. Mine is the V8 1SF w/ HUD. It is Light Platium w/ Ebony interior. Wish there was a way to confirm it will be here but dealer says there is no way its in transit. Guess i have to wait and keep my fingers crossed.

rayainsw
09-21-04, 01:17 PM
I will add my congratulations.

Also - if you happen to notice, I'm very curious what rpm your 1SE shows at steady cruise 60 / 70 / 80 mph?

And please post your overall and highway actual MPG?

Enjoy!
Thanks,
- Ray
Still gathering data . . .

acfromla
09-21-04, 04:59 PM
Ray, I will gladly get the RPM numbers @60-70-80 for everyone. Should have some actual MPG in a week. If anyone else out there has any questions about the STS, don't hesitate to post them. I will be happy to oblige.

eamc
09-21-04, 11:51 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am green with envy. Hopefully mine will be in soon. GM finally accepted my order about 4 weeks ago.

What kind of discount off list did your dealer offer?

Ralph
09-21-04, 11:56 PM
Congrats! I love the honey eucalyptus wood color! I really think these new STS's will take Cadillac to the next level and strike a nerve with Lexus and their quality.

Must see pics!

majax
09-22-04, 07:27 PM
Sounds utterly gorgeous, great choices on the colors and I just can't wait to see the pictures. You have my dream car! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D