: Time for a new browser. Which one?

ga_etc
12-01-10, 11:06 PM
I've been running Firefox for a long time and really like it, but a day or so ago my laptop decided to stop opening it for some reason. I've tried upgrading it, reinstalling it, about everything I can think of. Still nothing. I'm making due with IE right now, but I HATE it. I find it slow and annoying. I've had Opera and Google Chrome suggested to me. Which do you suggest and why?

pontiaced25
12-01-10, 11:12 PM
I love chrome. It's just great, LOL. Simple, loads fast and works efficiently

Jesda
12-01-10, 11:17 PM
I love Opera. It flies through EVERYTHING. It does choke on a couple secure sites though, which is why I still keep Firefox handy.

ga_etc
12-01-10, 11:23 PM
Does either Chrome or Opera offer an ad blocker like Firefox? That thing was really handy. I'm missing Firefox altogether right now. I wish I could figure out why it won't load, but that's not exactly my area of expertise.

Jesda
12-01-10, 11:45 PM
As far as plugins and add-ons, neither of them come close to Firefox.

Playdrv4me
12-01-10, 11:53 PM
Opera has a lot of compatibility issues. Chrome is pretty universally recognized in the tech world as the way to go, regardless of whether you are in a PC or Mac environment. I still use Firefox too.

ga_etc
12-01-10, 11:56 PM
Did a little searching online and found out that there is a beta version of Firefox 4. I figured what the hell, so I searched for it on the Firefox site and downloaded it. Don't know what the deal was before, but it's working now. I know it's a little pathetic, but I'm content again. And 4 even in beta form is faster than 3.12.

EcSTSatic
12-02-10, 01:28 PM
Firefox FTW

Luvs dem plug-ins