: Heater Questions

renegaderob18
12-01-10, 09:15 PM
On my 1994 Fleetwood I am having a problem with my heater. When I use to turn it on high ( all the way to 90) it would blow out the vents fine. As of the last two days it barely comes out the vents. Most comes out under the floor and the dash. I thought it only came out the dash for defrost? Why would it barely come out the vents when set at 90 and come fully out the dash and under the dash?

csbuckn
12-02-10, 01:42 AM
Does it do it only at 90 or at any temp? Sounds like a vacuum hose came loose.

renegaderob18
12-02-10, 04:05 PM
It does it on all temps except when the AC is on of course then the vents are fine. Where would I start looking at?

csbuckn
12-02-10, 05:07 PM
Under the dash for vacuum line that control the doors to different vents, or in the engine compartment for the main one near the back of the motor

CadillacPimpinNOLA
12-04-10, 12:45 PM
i thought that unless you swap the climate control head from a roadmaster.

in all 93-96 fleetwoods. A/C comes out of the front vents and heat through the top and bottom. if any heat is coming out the front its just seeping through the vent doors.

my 95 has always been like this

renegaderob18
12-04-10, 04:54 PM
Defrost has always come out the top and side vents and the regular heat has always come out under the dash and out the front vents since I've had the car( 3 month i've owned it) Anyone have any of these years cars and can let me know?

thefleetwoodguy
12-05-10, 01:05 AM
i thought that unless you swap the climate control head from a roadmaster.

in all 93-96 fleetwoods. A/C comes out of the front vents and heat through the top and bottom. if any heat is coming out the front its just seeping through the vent doors.

my 95 has always been like this
YOU AARE 100% CORRECT
93-96 fwb not made to blow heat out the dash vents

Stingroo
12-05-10, 01:10 AM
Yeah, Roadmaster CC units are a popular mod.

renegaderob18
12-07-10, 11:50 AM
So as long as the heat even turned up to 90 blows out under the dash and the top of the dash where the defrost blows out then it is working correct?

N0DIH
12-07-10, 12:29 PM
I have had to flush my heater core yearly on my 94 Fleetwood, heat would be weak and you needed to crank it to get warm, flush it, and it would burn you out. Just nature of the beast....I did have to temp calibrate it when I got it, but that was minor deal.

But for where it goes, set to 60F and then where does it go? does it change? 90F it should be on floor and 60F should be on face, and defrost is defrost.

turbojimmy
12-08-10, 09:55 AM
Yeah, Roadmaster CC units are a popular mod.

Interesting. What does the Roadmaster CC do for you?

outsider
12-08-10, 10:04 AM
apparently it makes the heat come out of the dash vents too? Sounds cool. hehe

renegaderob18
12-08-10, 10:27 AM
Where would I get a roadmaster cc, where is it located on the 1994 and whats the difference between the roadmaster and the cadillac one?

outsider
12-08-10, 12:45 PM
from what I've gathered reading this post...

CC = Climate Control Header. It's where you set your temperature etc...
Difference between roadmaster and cadillac CC is that the roadmaster allows heat to blow through the dash vents. (and probably other differences.)

Stingroo
12-08-10, 12:58 PM
Roadmaster CC unit has five different fan speed controls and allows heat to come from the dash vents. You can still use all your same diagnostic functions from your FWB unit as well (I believe. Don't quote me on that one, refer to someone who's dome the swap lol)

renegaderob18
12-09-10, 12:10 AM
Where is a good place to get a roadmaster?

N0DIH
12-09-10, 12:14 AM
Roadmaster or Roadmaster Climate Controller? a bit different in price...

Where is a good place to get a roadmaster?

Stingroo
12-09-10, 12:14 AM
Go for a scrap yard trip, you might find a CC there. Or just look on eBay. Also cruise the Impala SS forum, maybe you can find one for sale there... www.impalassforum.com. That's where I'd start.